HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Nurse Coordinator RN - Med Surgical in Overland Park, Kansas
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Med Surgical Clinical Nurse Coordinator? At Overland Park Regional Medical Center you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million to our incredible team members over the course of three years.
At OPRMC we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including: * Student Loan Repayment Program * Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs * Paid Personal Leave * 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) * Identity Theft Protection discounts * Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options * Adoption Assistance * Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) The Life of an HCA Nurse
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Overland Park Regional Medical Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Registered Nurse to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Med/Surg Clinical Nurse Coordinators are nurses who are the master coordinators of the unit, juggling care for their patients while keeping the entire health care team on the same page. They have high-level critical thinking skills, vast clinical knowledge, and are able to stay calm under pressure.
About this unit: * 37 bed Med/Surg Unit * General surgery and medical patients, overflow from traumas and other surgeries * Lots of room for growth (charging, precepting, unit council certification).
Under the general supervision of the unit’s director or designee the Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts. In collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in unit.
- Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shift.
- Functions as a resource person for staff member and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided when s/he is on duty.
- Makes decisions regarding activities with these areas based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in accordance with law and regulation.
- BLS certification required and maintained. ACLS preferred.
- Activity in professional organizations encouraged.
- Two (2) years of clinical practice in the clinical specialty of his/her unit and leadership/ management experience is preferred.
- Continuing demonstration of clinical and leadership competency.
- Commitment and understanding of staffing matrix/productivity standard.
- Committed to the goals of the unit, patient safety initiatives and positive patient experience.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the standards of nursing practice.
- Displays judgment and superior problem solving skills.
- Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.
Overland Park Regional Medical Center is one of the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. The hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas since December of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians.
Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women’s Center with Level IIIB NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services. We offer the latest in technological advances and we are committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity are valued.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a /World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/ since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Med Surgical Clinical Nurse Coordinator opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Clinical Nurse Coordinator RN - Med Surgical
Location: Kansas-Overland Park-Overland Park Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09722-65932