CDM Smith Client Service Leader - Air Force and USACE in Overland Park, Kansas
CDM Smith seeks to expand our existing portfolio with Air Force worldwide and USACE Military Programs/Civil Works Programs. We have worked on some of the largest water and facilities projects for the Department of Defense and are looking for someone who will help continue this tradition through the development of strategies to grow business with new and existing clients. Types of services we provide include: planning, engineering, and design services; and design-build of utility infrastructure and vertical facilities.
As a Client Service Leader (CSL), you will pursue new business development opportunities, conduct strategic business planning activities, and lead proposal development activities for U.S. Air Force and USACE opportunities. As a member of this high-performing team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Identifying and developing new business opportunities for U.S. Air Force and USACE.
• Managing client relationships with large, multi-site and/or complex clients and leading strategic business development efforts.
• Conducting Strategic New Business Planning (Annual Sales Plan, Capture Plans, Client Business Plans).
• Serving as capture manager for proposal and task order proposal efforts to include managing and communicating amongst a diverse team of experts.
• Keeping abreast of new agency initiatives, funding issues, and organizational changes.
• Maintaining awareness of DoD marketplace related to business opportunities, including competitors, partners, and subcontractors/subconsultants.
• Possessing an established business network (potential clients and teaming partners).
• Engaging with Program and Project Managers that will result in the delivery of quality projects that meet scope, schedule, and budget commitments to maintain client satisfaction.
• Contributing to firm's stature by actively participating in leadership roles in professional societies and associations.
• Serving as mentor to junior staff.
Client Service Leader - Air Force and USACE
WAF Sales - Services
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• Bachelor's degree.
• 12 years of related experience.
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• 12 years of related work experience with Federal government programs.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, or business.
• Demonstrated success in business development and long-term relationship management for federal-sector clients.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal, time management, organization, business acumen and listening skills.
• Prior experience working for USACE and/or USAF or serving USACE and/or USAF as a consultant.
• Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.E.), Project Management Professional (PMP), American Institute of Architects (AIA) or other recognized registration or certification.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.