HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Charge Nurse RN Labor and Delivery in Overland Park, Kansas
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Labor & Delivery Charge RN today withMenorah Medical Center.
At MMC,we wantto ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with someunique benefitsincluding:
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Program
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
The Life of an HCA Nurse You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Labor & Delivery Charge RN like you to be a part of our team.
Labor and delivery nurses are unique among the different types of nurses because they have a very specific job: to help deliver healthy babies and get moms through the process safely. In essence, they are doing what some might consider the most important nursing job of all — bringing new lives into this world.
About this unit:**
· 12 bed unit caring forAntepartum, laboring (Postpartum and Newborns).
· 35 average cases, patients, deliveries per month.
· Tenured staff with strong knowledge and skill set.
· Voted favorite place to have a baby for multiple years.
* Assist NM/ Director to round on 100% of patients. Specifically targeting pain, toileting, placement, position, staff recognition.
* Rounds with physicians to ascertain plan of care for patients and provide update on patients. * Monitors Core Measure metrics. Ensuring staff are aware of requirements.
* Actively participants in performance improvement activities.
* Addresses patient/family concerns/satisfaction issues. Informing NM/Director of concerns.
* Engaged in patient satisfaction.
* Discusses and monitors responsiveness, pain and nurse communication.
* Validates intentional rounding performed by staff and provides recognition/coaching as needed.
* Reports to NM/Director staff who continuously are in need of coaching.
* Conduct chart audits for documentation compliance.
* Assists with the interview process of new hires.
* Oversee staff assignments. Ensuring assignments are appropriate to patients’ needs and updates as needed in accordance with staff’s competency and infection control issues.
* Maintains contact with staff throughout the shift for updates on patients’ conditions.
* Provides real time education as needed.
* Delivers training and education on identified topics. * Participants in ongoing professional development related to nursing education.
* Accepts departmental accountability for current and new policies, clinical programs and systems necessary to support changing patient care needs. * Coordinate nursing care with other disciplines to maximize outcomes and resource allocation. * Impacts staff recruitment and retention. * Using various motivational strategies. * Speaks positively about the organization and demonstrates positive attitude and behavior in the work environment. * The Charge Nurse in 662 Family Birthing Center provides care for adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
Qualifications: * Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with either an ADN or BSN degree. * Must hold a current license from the Kansas of Nursing. * BLS and ACLS required at upon hire * Prior experience in a similar size facility with similar services provided is preferred. * Previous emergency, pre-hospital or critical care preferred. 1-2 years of previous charge experience preferred.
Menorah Medical Center, a 155 bed, acute care hospital located on the corner of 119th and Nall in Overland Park, serves our community’s healthcare needs by providing compassionate care and some of the most advanced treatment options available in the Kansas City area. MMC has a comprehensive medical staff with more than 600 physicians who offer exceptional experiences and extraordinary medicine for adults, newborns, children and teens.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.__
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Charge Nurse RN Labor and Delivery
Location: Kansas-Overland Park-Menorah Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09723-70686