GAF Carrier Sales Representative in Overland Park, Kansas
Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
The Carrier Sales Representative is a key member of the Hawk Logistics team, directly
reporting to the Manager of 3PL Operations. This individual will be instrumental in the growth of
Hawk by building a strong carrier base, fostering existing carrier relationships, negotiating rates,
identifying growth opportunities and providing world-class service to our customers.
This position can work remote in any of the locations that are listed.
● Establish and maintain strong relationships with carriers
● Identify growth opportunities by analyzing available freight and carrier capacity; provide
expert insights to manager
● Work to develop and maintain carrier rates and apply pricing strategy to provide the best
possible solutions for the customer.
● Optimize profit margins while meeting and exceeding service standards
● Oversee process from start to finish, including identifying carrier, on-boarding,
negotiating, dispatching, track and trace until load is delivered
● Master Load Boards and the Transportation Management System (TMS).
● Develop and streamline operational processes.
● Coach and mentor junior resources that will assist with dispatching, track and trace
● Work closely with key internal and external partners, vendors, and customers to meet
the retail and job site delivery requirements.
● Ensure and maintain carrier compliance with company, state, and national standards and
● Review and analyze current market trends and adjust customer/carrier rates as needed.
● Monitor FMCSA and stay informed of any changes to DOT regulations.
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES
Level Based Competencies are to be designated based on job level and content.
● Start-Up Development
● Building Strategic Working Relationships with Plant Managers, Operations Directors &
VPs, Sales Leadership, along with external Logistics and System Providers, and key
● Stress Tolerance
● Strategic Decision Making
● Managing Conflict
Technical knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
● Intermediate knowledge of the transportation industry
● Intermediate knowledge of 3PL / Freight Brokerage Operations & Programs
● Intermediate knowledge of Truck Transportation Rules and Regulations
● Intermediate knowledge of Truck Safety, DOT, CSA, HOS
● Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
● Intermediate knowledge of Distribution support systems, such as FMS and TMS
General knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
● Advanced verbal and written communication skills
● Intermediate organizational development skills
● Advanced problem solving and decision making skills
● Advanced skills in managing and negotiating with external vendors/suppliers
● Bachelor's degree from an accredited university and/or equivalent industry experience
● Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or Supply Chain/Logistics
● 3+ years experience in full-cycle Freight Brokerage/Third Party Logistics (3PL)
● Notable Transportation/Logistics Dispatching foundation
● Experience with Flat-Bed and/or Hazardous Materials
● Experience in a Start-Up environment
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, Hawk, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).
With 130+ years in the industry, GAF is the leading roofing manufacturer in North America. As a member of the Standard Industries family of companies, we are also part of the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the world.
Our communities help give our work meaning and the products we manufacture help protect what matters most. The shingles help to shelter the families living in the homes in our towns. The TPO helps protect what is under that hospital’s roof. In addition to quality products, we make sure they are installed by quality craftsmen and women. The full GAF portfolio of solutions is supported by an extensive national network of factory-certified contractors.
GAF continues to be the leader in quality and offers comprehensive warranty protection on its products and systems. Our success is driven by a commitment to empowering our people to deliver advanced quality and purposeful innovation and the desire to protect what matters most.