Examinetics Careers in Overland Park, Kansas
Reporting to the CEO, the HR Director is the chief human resource officer of the company, responsible for leading, planning, directing and coordinating all human resources activities, including general HR, Recruitment, Learning & Development. Most importantly s/he must be an effective change agent as a new leadership team establishes a new an employee-orientated, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, compliance, and standards. The HR Director will develop, recommend, implement and review the Human Resource, HRIS & Recruiting processes, policies, documentation and procedures. This includes compensation, benefits, employee relations, onboarding / off-boarding, performance management, employment law compliance, leave management, recruitment, aspects of employee training and reporting. Additionally, the HR Director will act as role model, motivator, team leader and culture builder and will foster adherence to Examinetics core values.
This Job Description may not include all of the duties assigned to the employee and may be updated and modified by the department supervisor, according to the operational dynamics and needs of the company.
- Serves as a valued member of the Executive Leadership Team
- Administers compensation and benefit programs
- Implements and refines performance management and incentive compensation systems
- Implements new annual performance reviews and works with managers / supervisors in setting individual goals and objectives
- Oversees employee onboarding / off-boarding
- Develops and maintains policies/handbooks
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local employment laws, as well as Company policies and procedures
- Investigates, assists, and counsels management on HR-related matters including corrective action and disciplinary procedures
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations
- Identifies and implements communication and reporting strategies to provide insight into HR related disciplines
- Provides effective business solutions to HR-related challenges
- Prepares and follows budgets for human resources team
- Facilitates a positive working relationship between management and employees through positive employee relations, communications and customer service
- Maintains HR processes and decision making that are legally compliant, promotes profitable growth and supports Examinetics desired culture and financial targets
- Identifies and assesses short-term and long-term training department goals and objectives
- Collaborates with management and subject matter experts to identify key training and development opportunities
- Assists in developing career growth programs, mentorship and development opportunities for all levels of employees
- Participates in the development of requirements for new projects as a subject matter expert
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Skills and/or Experiences*:*
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration and a minimum of 5 years of related experience required
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning and development, and employee relations, recruitment, and training
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Prior experience using an HRIS system (Paycom is preferred, but not required)
- Prior experience working with L&D software and/or an LMS system
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- High level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Creative thinking
- Ability to shift priorities on a very short notice
- Able to work independently
- Good organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in and develop a high performance, high involvement, and results-oriented work culture
- Additionally, candidates must exhibit minimal technical and computer proficiency, advanced oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, good judgment and discretion, self-motivation and commitment to continuous improvement.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- PHR, CHRP, SHRM, or SPHR Certification Preferred
- HR Generalist
- HR Coordinator
- Recruitment team
Examinetics is the nation’s leading provider of mobile occupational health solutions delivered directly to the workplace, serving more than 3,000 clients in over 18,000 locations annually. The company’s innovative service model helps safety managers, medical directors, HR professionals implement medical screening and surveillance programs that identify and mitigate risk to employee health in the workplace. Approximately 60% of the company’s 250 employees work remotely as mobile occupational health technicians, serving clients across the country. Much of the company’s senior leadership has joined in the past 18 months and led the company in 2020 to its best performance ever, despite the challenges presented by COVID. For more information, visitwww.examinetics.com .
Typical Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Routine office work
- Must be able to walk; sit; stand; use hands to finger; handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb, balance, stoop; kneel; see; talk and hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work in a typical office setting (Overland Park)
- Extremely limited travel
- Occasionally required to work evenings or weekends
Disclaimer:_ This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned_
Examinetics, headquartered in Overland Park, KS, is the leading Workforce Health provider serving clients nationwide. We collaborate with businesses from every industry to protect and empower their employees with health compliance solutions. From hearing conservation and respiratory evaluations to overall health, our comprehensive suite of services meet the workforce health needs of the world’s top companies
Examinetics is an affirmative action employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absences, compensation and training.
Job Location: Corporate - Overland Park, KS
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: Bachelors
Job Category: Human Resources