Examinetics Careers in Overland Park, Kansas
This short-term assignment has the potential to become a permanent position. The current range of pay is between $28 - $30 per hour.
Review self-reported medical histories, exam results and medical findings in accordance with applicable regulatory standards, standardized medical criteria prescribed by Examinetics’ Medical Director and specific client protocols; determine and/or verify that proper clearance decisions are reached and communicated accurately and on-time. When appropriate, conduct “PLHCP” follow up calls with participants to facilitate the clearance process.
This Job Description may not include all of the duties assigned to the employee and may be updated and modified by the department supervisor, according to the operational dynamics and needs of the company.
- Review computer-generated clearances and review medical records to verify that appropriate clearance decisions have been reached
- Determine clearance decisions based on review of medical history questionnaire responses
- Determine when to refer questions to the Manager of Medical Services, Examinetics Medical Director or other designee for further review
- Coordinate closely with the Data Processing staff to monitor and ensure that clearance reporting turnaround time (TAT) requirements are met consistently
- Quality control check physician generated DOT certificates to ensure compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration/Department of Transportation guidelines
- Generate specific clearances and related documents per SOP’s
- Maintain familiarity with all applicable federal and state regulatory clearance standards, including, but not limited to:
► OSHA Respiratory Protection Standard (29CFR1910.134)
► CalOSHA Resp Protection Standard (Title8, CCR 5144)
► OSHA HAZWOPER Standard (29CFR1910.120)
► OSHA Cotton Dust Standard (29CFR1910.1043)
► OSHA Asbestos Standard (29CFR1910.1001)
► OSHA Lead Standard (29CFR1910.1025)
► NFPA Standard (1582)
- Learn and demonstrate a clear knowledge of all Examinetics clearance services
- Respond promptly, professionally and courteously to all customer requests, inquiries or complaints
- Perform any required follow up promptly
- Ensure specific client protocols are followed and handled properly
- When applicable, recommend procedure changes that will result in efficiencies and better customer/client service
- Maintain the confidentiality of PHI and all records
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working knowledge of current OSHA and other federal medical surveillance and testing requirements
- Knowledge of current occupational health and safety training requirements, from both a programmatic and training delivery perspective
- Ability to review current work conditions and practices for compliance with OSHA workplace safety requirements
- Review client work practices and make recommendations for increased effectiveness
Education and/or Experiences:
- Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four year, or technical college, OR minimum two years’ related experience and/or training/education; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- MS Office Software experience
- Strong Analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with medical/health testing data and prior experience directing a production environment is highly desirable. Occupational health background highly desired
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Licensed Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, and/or Certified Occupational Health Nurse. Must have current, active nursing license in KS or MO at a minimum.
- Practical Occupational health experience, especially experience with working with OSHA, MSHA, NFPA Respiratory Protection and other workplace exposure related standard is desired
Typical Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Frequently required to talk, hear, sit and use hands.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Routine office work, occasionally requiring moving or lifting up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Typical office setting
- Occasional travel maybe required
Disclaimer:_ This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned_
Examinetics, headquartered in Overland Park, KS, is the leading Workforce Health provider serving clients nationwide. We collaborate with businesses from every industry to protect and empower their employees with health compliance solutions. From hearing conservation and respiratory evaluations to overall health, our comprehensive suite of services meet the workforce health needs of the world’s top companies
Examinetics is an affirmative action employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absences, compensation and training.
Job Location: Corporate - Overland Park, KS
Position Type: Temporary