Honeywell Business Applications Developer II in Overland Park, Kansas
Business Applications Developer II
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
* This position will be remote within the Kansas City Metro area *
Summary of Duties:
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of various COTS software packages in order to perform minor configuration changes like adding to select value lists, screen changes, and simple workflow updates
- Analyzes existing information systems and applications to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements and may evaluate and provide recommendations for new application packages
- Assesses customer needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to assist in identifying business priorities and advice on options
- Participates in short-term planning sessions with a customer to implement process improvements within an assigned customer area
- Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding hardware, software, process and services that will improve overall IT support for customers
- Assist with testing and duplicating unknown software and hardware problems reported from the customer-base and troubleshoots the issue(s) at hand. May escalate hardware problems to appropriate IT team and software bugs to software vendor
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates a variety of projects related to customer support activities with minimal supervisory guidance
- Notifies customers when problems have been resolved and closes log entries
- Follows the IT change management process for executing production changes on assigned applications
- Coordinates application lifecycle with various application vendors to keep software up to the latest version
Develops documentation for assigned applications which may include a Configuration Management Plan, System Requirements Document, Software Quality Assurance Plan, Knowledge Base Articles, and Statements of Work to procure vendor services
30 Application Development
50 Application Support
20 Collaborate with stakeholders
* You Must Have: *
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy “Q” level security clearance.
- 4 years of experience providing customer support and troubleshooting activities for business software applications
* We Value: *
- Experience with SQL (ability to develop, modify, and troubleshoot queries)
- Ability to use software knowledge and experience to assess, diagnose, and correct problems for customers
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-service skills
Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: req169576
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: 6700 W 115th St, Overland Park, KS 66211 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.