Honeywell Applications Development Analyst / Developer II - JAVA in Overland Park, Kansas
Applications Development Analyst / Developer II - JAVA
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The selected candidate will join our Functional Applications team as an Applications Developer within the IT division at the Kansas City National Security Campus. This role will focus on our Integrated Project Controls System (IPCS) including Primavera P6 and Oracle Business Process Management (BPM). The successful candidate must be a team player with good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Summary of Duties: *
- Participates in short- and long-term planning sessions with customers to improve business processes and works closely with Technical Review Board and architects to assure all systems are in line with IT long-term strategy.
- Assists in developing buy vs. build recommendations, including advising on system options, risk, cost vs. benefits, and impacts on business processes and goals.
- Proactively analyzes existing information systems and applications to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements and may lead the evaluation and selection process for new application packages.
- Identifies system requirements; develops application specifications, conversion and migration designs; supports maintenance of applications, as needed.
- Establishes liaison relationship with business partner and/or suppliers in order to provide technical solutions through the analysis of business workflows and an understanding of business needs.
- Assesses customer needs to determine alignment of unit/corporation business needs and the impact on business processes to establish strategic priorities. Advises customer(s) on options, risks and cost vs benefits
- Defines, develops or modifies application modules or enterprise-wide software systems using disciplined software development processes and makes modules production ready by moving them to libraries, completing forms, following procedures, completing version control documents, etc.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code..
- Adheres to quality standards and procedures. Reviews modules for quality assurance and checks compliance with application architecture standards and conducts unit testing of application modules to ensure application meets specifications.
- May assist in defining development guidelines and standards to be utilized in software development /integration including developing custom integration solutions with major enhancements, interfaces, functions and features.
- Provides Tier III (integration) support.
- Provides technical guidance or business process expertise and technical leadership to team members.
Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
30 Application Development
50 Application Support
20 Collaborate with stakeholders
* You Must Have *
- US Citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy “Q” level security clearance
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field OR 5 years of application development experience
- 3 years of Java experience
* We Value *
- Demonstrated experience with HTML5
- Demonstrated experience with Oracle databases
Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: req174923
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: 6700 W 115th St, Overland Park, KS 66211 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.