AdventHealth Staff Physical Therapist PT Days Ottawa in Ottawa, Kansas
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Staff Physical Therapist - AdventHealth Ottawa
Location Address: 1301 S. Main Street, Ottawa, KS 66067
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ottawa
Family friendly community
Excellent cost of living
Five major recreational lakes
Many annual events and festivals
Environment committed to patient care
- Part Time
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Responsible for direction of the Physical Therapy Department certified staff, including Physical Therapy Assistants and Rehabilitation Aides and Physical Therapy students.
· Ability to perform an appropriate assessment on all patients as related to the therapy requested and provided and reassessments as per policy. This includes neonate, pediatric, adolescent, geriatric patients and the general patient population.
· Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
· Demonstrates knowledge of physical therapy modalities, joint mobilizations, manual therapy techniques, gait training and exercise prescription.
· Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
What You Will Need:
4-year Baccalaureate Degree – Required
Ability to travel to and from the Gollier Center & RMH to treat inpatients and attend meetings
Ability to travel to patient homes as required and marketing call as necessary
Internship/Clinicals with course of study – Required
One or more years – Required for CCCE position
Current CPR certification within one month of hire
State of Kansas
Valid Driver’s License
Responsible for evaluation, planning, directing and administering physical therapy modalities of treatment as prescribed by a licensed physician. Administers treatments and physical agents in an effort to restore function and prevent disability following injury, disease or physical disability. Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning, while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities. The staff therapist coordinates, delegates and supervises responsibilities assigned to supportive staff (PTA, Rehab Aide etc.). The staff therapist participates in operational aspects of the department, maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities. Provides input in formulating budget, assists in evaluating department performance versus budget controls and takes appropriate action to remain in budget guidelines. Ensures that patient charges are accurate and entered on a timely basis while patient care is documented thoroughly. Participates in all infection control, departmental equipment training, organizational safety and fire safety programs.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Rehabilitation Services
Organization: AdventHealth Ottawa
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.