AdventHealth Registered Nurse Emergency Department FT Days in Ottawa, Kansas
- Family friendly community
- Excellent cost of living
- Five major recreational lakes
- Many annual events and festivals
- Environment committed to patient care
- Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, consults with other specialists as required and adjusts nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
- Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes neonate, pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients and the general patient population.
- Ability to monitor hemodynamic status of patient and correctly interpret the results.
- Maintains accurate and continued nursing documentation including patient histories, conditions, treatments, responses and assessment of changes.
- Demonstrates the ability to assist physicians with procedures in the Emergency Department.
- 2-year Associate Degree
- Current CPR within 1 month of hire
- ACLS within 6 months of hire
- PALS within one year of hire
- TNCC within 1 year of hire
- Cardiac dysrhythmia class within 90 days of hire or demonstrates proficiency in cardiac rhythm recognition
- National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) within 6 months of hire
Provides professional nursing care within the Emergency Department; coordinates care planning with other disciplines. Provides care that meets the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care. Determines priorities of care based on physical and psychosocial needs of patients, as well as factors influencing patient flow through the system. Communicates with ED physicians regarding changes in patient’s status, symptomatology and results of diagnostic studies. Responds quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.