AdventHealth EVS and Food and Nutrition Services Coordinator FT in Ottawa, Kansas
Office Assistant AdventHealth Ottawa
Location Address: 1301 S. Main Street, Ottawa, KS 66067
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ottawa
- Family friendly community
- Excellent cost of living
- Five major recreational lakes
- Many annual events and festivals
- Environment committed to patient care
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Oversee the daily operations of both departments regarding employee productivity and performance.
- Responsible for writing schedules and maintaining budget. Responsible for ensuring each department is staffed accordingly each shift. Needs to be flexible to help cover for employees that are absent or find staff that can. Works shifts in kitchen or environmental services as needed to maintain budgeting and cover staffing needs.
- Handle employee relations issues with assistance of Director as needed.
- Review department performance and institutes changes in techniques or procedures to improve services, workflow, assure compliance with regulatory requirements and promote more efficient operations.
- Implement & constantly use accountability measures to increase efficiency, product quality, and teamwork.
- Direct any on-site conference room events-setup/breakdown/catering needs.
- Implements training for staff to improve their job knowledge.
- Implement innovative ways to enhance the patient/customer experience and calculate measurable processes to show department performance.
- Focus on employee morale, work hand in hand with the staff providing continuous feedback and coaching.
- Assist the Director with hiring team members as needed.
- Stewardship-manages resources wisely in order to provide high quality health service both now & in the future.
- Provides continuous education to staff on The Joint Commission Guidelines & Regulations
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures regarding department operations, fire, safety, & infection control.
- Cash handling.
- Models outstanding patient and customer service and defines expectations for staff to do the same.
- Exhibits good judgment and time management skills to accomplish daily tasks.
- Maintain full understanding of department policies, protocols, and job duties and enforces these always.
- Assist the Director with the Talent Care experience and team member evals & conversations.
What You Will Need:
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· 2 to 5 Years of Position-Related Experience
Under the supervision of the Director, the coordinator is obligatory for handling the daily activities of the Environmental Services & Food & Nutrition Department. In conjunction with the Director, this role is responsible for improving the overall productivity, workflow, service, efficiency, and quality of the departments. This role should be focused on continuous improvement, be open minded and innovative, and take initiative to enhance the quality and service of the operation.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: AdventHealth Ottawa
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.