AdventHealth Athletic Trainer PRN in Ottawa, Kansas
Athletic Trainer PRN AdventHealth Ottawa
- Family friendly community
- Excellent cost of living
- Five major recreational lakes
- Many annual events and festivals
- Environment committed to patient care
- Selects age appropriate activities based on the athlete’s/client’s physical capacity, intelligence level and interest.
- Ability to observe and evaluate treatment effect, recommends change to physician/therapist as needed.
- Ability to perform an appropriate assessment on all athletes/clients and performs reassessments as per policy. This includes pediatric, adolescent, geriatric patients and the general patient population.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Demonstrates knowledge of modalities, joint mobilizations, manual therapy techniques, gait training and exercise prescription.
- Ability to travel to and from the Gollier Center & RMH to treat clients and attend meetings
- Ability to travel to and from schools and sporting events to provide athletic trainer services as necessary
- Ability to travel to community sites for marketing as necessary
- 4-year Baccalaureate Degree – Required
- Two or more years
- Graduate Degree - Preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
Responsible delivering athletic training services at participating schools and for community events as appropriate. Administers treatments and physical agents as prescribed in an effort to restore function and prevent disability following injury, disease or physical disability in the high school setting. Implements the proper referral for further medical attention when necessary. Plan and schedule community education projects. Performs daily functions of the athletic training room. Assist in developing and implementing policies and procedures for the department. Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning, while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities. The Certified Athletic Trainer will assist with day-to-day operations; work closely with other staff, physicians, student-athletes, parents, and other clients. Participates in operational aspects of the department, maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities. Provides input in formulating budget, assists in evaluating department performance versus budget controls and takes appropriate action to remain in budget guidelines. Ensures that patient/contracted changes are accurate and entered on a timely basis. Participates in all infection control, departmental equipment training, organizational safety and fire safety programs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.