Garmin Team Leader Product Support - Outdoor Wearables and Golf in Olathe, Kansas
Do you have a passion for the outdoors, mountain biking, golfing, trail running or live an active lifestyle? Are you a natural problem solver and have excellent customer service skills? Does the idea of sharing the latest in outdoor technology with Garmin customers excite you? If so, we’re looking for an Outdoor Product Support Team Leader at our world headquarters in Olathe, KS. In this role you will be responsible for leading a team of technical Product Support associates who provide expert and timely help to customers.
Others essential functions include:\n\n
- Manages team performance and communicates achievements and areas for improvement
- Recruits, develops and retains a high performing team
- Maintains close communication with associates to identify and understand trends with customer questions and/or issues to drive improvement in Garmin products, support systems and processes
- Creates an engaged environment that promotes ownership and accountability.
- Maintains expert product knowledge and detailed knowledge of Garmin’s processes and guidelines
- Aligns and communicates department objectives to team’s day-to-day activities
- Effectively coaches, mentors and develops associates to achieve results
- Handles escalated customer cases and ensures effective and timely resolution to customer’s issue
- Partners with Human Resources for hiring, associate relations and performance reviews.
- Recommends and/or implements improvements to products, processes and guidelines that improve productivity and enhances services for customers
- Communicates with other departments to ensure orders and returns are processed and/or delivered to customers in a timely manner
- Aligns and coordinates associate queue assignments and Paid Time Off (PTO) to ensure appropriate staff to help customers
- Exemplifies Garmin’s Mission, Vision, Values & Quality Policy and proactively works to improve Garmin’s image and culture
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Operations, or a substantially similar field with demonstrated previous leadership experience OR an Associate’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated leadership experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Other required skills include:
Must possess previous leadership experience or demonstrated experience in leading, training, mentoring, and/or developing other team members with proven business judgement in decision making
Driven problem solver with proven success in technical trouble shooting with a sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment
Must possess demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office applications
Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
Must be willing to work additional hours to ensure that department needs are covered
Demonstrated ability to exercise sound discretion and independent judgment in making decisions
Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills including ability to adapt to differing communication styles and personalities with professionalism and a high level of customer service
Candidates with the ability to speak and understand foreign languages and previous Oracle experience are highly preferred!
Learn more about careers in Product Support from Team Leader, Bob Zuch View his story here: https://youtu.be/DrGxD_ScfBE
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They allow our associates to make their own decisions about their well-being and future and consistently rank Garmin as a top tier benefits provider when compared to other high-tech employers. We offer a choice of high value medical, dental and vision plans with low or no premiums, to fit your and your family’s preferences. In addition, Garmin’s financial benefits include a generous 401K retirement plan that provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount. Garmin offers many other benefits and perks ranging from well-being initiatives, educational assistance and career development, community charity support, and employee discounts just to name a few.
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.