Honeywell Sr Procurement Buyer in Olathe, Kansas
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Responsible that purchase goods, materials and services and company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply. You will hold responsibility for a specific project/region/business or hold a larger remit in terms of purchasing. You will negotiate midsize value contracts, complex requirements and meeting internal client objectives while achieving maximum overall cost effectiveness. You will directly interact with your internal stakeholders and with external vendors.
· Deliver on customer needs
· Conduct competitive bids
· Identify cost reduction opportunities
· Review and monitor purchase requisitions
· Manage supplier communication
· Understand market trends
· Deal with invoice discrepancies
· Ensure compliance with strategic procurement
· Project Management
YOU MUST HAVE
· 5+ years of sourcing or procurement experience
· Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements
WE VALUE:· Bachelor Degree
· Knowledge of purchasing system
· Negotiation skills
· Strong communication skills and a team player
· Good organizational - ability to prioritize and do problem solving
· Strong experience in a sourcing/procurement
· English fluent, any other language is a plus
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.