Aerotek Senior Accountant in Olathe, Kansas
Aston Carter has partnered with a large technology company in the KC area that is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team! They are seeking candidates with prior public or corporate accounting experience, and strong ERP experience. This company offers great benefits (100% health insurance), bonus opportunities, and great work-life balance! Please see below and apply if interested!
The company is targeting to pay $75,000 - $85,000 (+ bonus).
Oversee a range of 10-15 business units including Corporate departments
Month End process and review for specified business units
Time and Materials Documents
Revenue and Expense recognition
Financial and budget packages
Responsible for training/cross training with team members
Developing subject matter expertise on assigned systems allowing you to provide support to internal users, develop documentation and training materials as deemed necessary, and proactively identify ways to make our key finance systems and related processes more efficient or reduce risk
Works with the R&D team and staff to resolve system related issues in a timely manner
Performs high level reconciliations for challenging flow of fund models
AR/AP reconciliations between different GL accounts. Research variances between the GL, bank, and merchant processors.
Maintain controls, train, analyze and support financial system and users
Prepare specific financial reports for state agencies and partners
Ensure all business units within team are in compliance with GAAP and contract requirements
Assist business units and team members with financial reporting, internal audit, and system related issues and compliance
Provide assistance on special projects and facilitating additional work to corporate and staff to help complete projects in a timely manner
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• 2-4 years of public accounting experience OR 5+ years in corporate accounting
• BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant area of focus.
• Revenue Recognition is a PLUS
• Experience working with financial applications (ERP, Budgeting, Reporting, etc.)
• Great Plains and Blackline experience a plus
• Experience with closing month end, prepaids, accruals, revenue recognition, expense, financial review a plus
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and policies
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with varying levels of coworkers and external partnerships.
• Extensive knowledge and proven ability to work with accounting software, IT and banking systems related to payment processing
• Extensive knowledge in account reconciliations
• Proficiency in Microsoft office suite with an emphasis in excel
• Experience with a high transaction volume revenue or other accounting functions
• Ability to handle multiple responsibilities daily and ability to adapt to new processes and procedures
• Superior analytical and problem -solving skills, strives to completion of problems in a timely manner
• Superior communication skills and ability to work with a fast- paced changing environment
• Suggests and follows through on process improvements to gain efficiencies
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.