Kelly Services Lab Tech in Olathe, Kansas
Entry-Level Lab Tech
Will train inexperienced people who willing to learn and are familiar with working in a fast-paced environment.
Hiring quickly--$16/hr, full time with option for overtime, opportunity for advancement. Must pass drug and background screening.
Kelly Science & Clinical is partnering with a a world leader in testing, inspection and certification services (TIC) for a long-term engagement or Direct Hire in Olathe, Kansas as an entry-level microbial Lab Tech.
An entry-level microbial lab technician will handle testing of samples in a fast-paced environment with lots of daily turnaround. Must be adaptable, willing to learn, willing to take feedback. Great opportunity for advancement and overtime hours.
· Performs sample preparation and procedures prior to analyses.
· Performs basic testing procedures.
· Provides general lab support.
· Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WIs) when conducting any laboratory work or procedure.
· Ensures a high level of accuracy in sample prep and analysis.
· Employs proper laboratory techniques to minimize risk of mislabeling, sample mix-up and cross contamination between samples and other materials.
· Prioritizes daily workload based on sample and client requirement.
· Identifies any non-routine samples and seeks guidance on procedures for handling.
· Maintains training records and relevant qualifications.
· Meets quality and TAT specifications required by the client and ensure samples are analyzed within holding time requirements.
· Keeps work area clean, neat and organized.
· Participates, when requested in internal and external audits.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Positive outlook with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Good time-management, communication, multi-tasking, and priority setting skills.
· Works both independently and as part of a team.
· Detail orientated and record keeping skills.
· Adapts to a changing environment. Learns quickly.
· Excellent computer skills.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)