Midwest Health Housekeeper - - 1st Shift in Olathe, Kansas
The health and wellbeing of our staff members and residents is our number one priority. Our community is strictly following the CDC guidelines to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and has restricted community access in accordance with state and local health agency direction. Our infectious disease protocols include but are not limited to:
- Screening staff members at the beginning and part way through each shift.
- All staff members are wearing face masks at all times while inside the community.
- Staff members have access to PPE including gloves, face masks, face shields, and gowns, if ever needed.
- Our community is utilizing telemedicine as much as possible. This ensures our residents are getting the care they need with as little risk of exposure as possible.
- As always, we are committed to transparency and will make all staff, residents, and families aware of any COVID-19 positive cases at our communities.
The Housekeeper performs various cleaning tasks to ensure the cleanliness of the Community including but not limited to resident rooms, bathrooms, dining areas, hallways, common areas and offices. The tasks include but not limited to mopping, vacuuming, scrubbings, sweeping, dusting, polishing and buffing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with the Community’s personnel, safety, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Report witnessed or reported allegations of resident abuse/neglect immediately to the Executive Director, RCC or Charge Nurse on Duty.
- Treat residents, family members, visitors, and team members with respect and dignity.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident and family information.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Vacuum resident rooms, halls and common areas with carpeting.
- Sweeps and mops tile and linoleum floors.
- Required to strip and wax floors according to schedule.
- Empty and clean trashcans and barrels.
- Clean bathrooms including sinks, toilets, grab bars, floors walls and showers.
- Clean mirrors and windows.
- Dust ceilings, vents, lights and other high areas regularly.
- Move furniture to ensure cleanliness.
- Clean mattresses and beds according to schedule, flip mattresses if needed.
- Clean dining areas after meals and special events.
- Clean all common areas, employee break rooms, visitor toilets, sinks, hallways and handrails.
- Assure compliance to all State and Federal regulations including blood borne pathogens, infection control, use of hazardous materials and fire safety.
Maintains resident confidentiality at all times. Job Requirements:
Must have basic computer skills.
- If required to operate a motor vehicle for business purposes, must successfully complete the requirements contained in Company’s Motor Vehicles policy.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Must be able to perform the essential position functions of the job with, or without reasonable accommodation.
- Employee is required to use a transfer/gait belt or to obtain the assistance of another employee when attempting to assist residents when lifting or carrying objects in excess of 25 pounds. The employee must be aware that during the normal, routine performance of the essential functions, some of the following body movements may occur naturally, although they may not be a requirement of the job.