Farmers Insurance Customer Service Associate- Kansas in Olathe, Kansas
**Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
The Customer Service Associate position operates in a claims contact center assisting customers needing to file an insurance claim. Interactions with customers include initiating and explaining the claims process, providing status on existing claims, and providing other services to the customers as needed.
Essential Job Functions
* Responds to inbound telephone inquiries in a Claims Contact Center * Initiates auto and homeowner claims by obtaining preliminary loss information from agents, insureds and third parties * Provide customers with an explanation of the claim process * May authorize services such as road side assistance and rental cars * Responsible for efficient and accurate completion of customer inquiries regarding the status of existing claims * Ensures all customer interactions are clearly and accurately documented in the claim file * Maintains job knowledge through intermittent training/learning and incorporates new information into daily tasks
Sits or stands for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Occasionally reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Occasionally moves, lifts, carries, and places objects and supplies weighing 0-10 pounds without assistance. Listens to, interprets, and differentiates auditory information (e.g. others speaking) at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Visually verifies and reads information. Visually locates material, resources and other objects. Ability to continuously operate a computer for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate keyboard and other office equipment up to a full work shift.
This position operates in an open office working environment which will include normal and customary distractions, noise, and interruptions.
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* Customer Service Experience required
Special Skill Requirement
* Strong verbal communication and listening skills * Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
* Assumes personal responsibility for actions * Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
* Possesses strong technical aptitude including the ability to master multiple windows simultaneously
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Customer Service Associate- Kansas
Requisition ID: 200005TU