Park Aerospace Corp. Manufacturing Lead in Newton, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12540010
Do you like to take on challenges and solve problems? Are you someone who can look at the big picture and drive results? If the answer is yes to these questions, then you could be our next Manufacturing Lead. Under the direct supervision of the Manufacturing Manager, the Production Manufacturing Lead is responsible for fostering a work environment that will support the company\'s mission of creating results for our customers. This position requires the person to be an advocate of Park\'s culture and its values and communicate the company\'s culture and values to the employees on the team. This position requires the ability to teach, motivate, set expectations, and help employees meet those expectations in order to grow and develop.
Essential Job Functions
- Be committed to producing the best possible material for our customers.
- Responsible for making sure that raw materials have been staged to support the current Line Schedule.
- Ensure that resin required to support the schedule is available and approved by quality.
- Support successful completion of the Schedule with the lowest scrap possible.
- Verify set-up conditions are correct for each run. Verify accuracy of actual set-up to the CP traveler. Record and notify Supervisor when set-up conditions do not match the CP traveler.
- Be a self-starter and ensure that quality targets are being met for each run. Notify Supervisor when out of specification conditions exist.
- Work with Supervisors on issues of employee performance, safety or company policies violations.
- Take ownership of daily operations, making sure they are started on time and stay on schedule. Report to Supervisor if there are discrepancies.
- Conduct periodic checks of safety equipment. Instruct operators on the proper use of all safety equipment.
- Take charge of accuracy of data entry in Oracle. Report discrepancies to the Supervisor.
- Ensure proper housekeeping is maintained at all times.
- Identify and report to the Supervisor any defective raw materials that might be discovered.
- Own the training process for employees on procedures of the equipment and Oracle transactions.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- One to two (1-2) years\' work experience in a Manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must be computer literate in the use of a manufacturing system like SAP or Oracle.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- Problem solving is required in this position.
- Decision making is required in this position.
- Individual required to be sighted (can be medically corrected), with clear verbal and written communications skills. Job includes lifting of product/supplies ranging from minimal to 50 pounds on an occasional basis. Individual will be required to be mobile, with bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping, and crouching. Must be able to wear a respirator and other safety equipment as required.
- Training to applicable procedures that relate to area of responsibility.