Mirror Inc. Addiction Technician **Shawnee, KS** FT/PT in Newton, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/11813179
Mirror follows affirmative action policies and is committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified candidates. EEO/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply. (https://mirrorinc.org/equal-employment-opportunity-and-affirmative-action/)
Under the clinical supervision of the Facility Director (or their designee), the Program Technicians at the Mirror residential facilities are responsible for monitoring the client’s behavior and movements, transporting clients, observing client urinalysis screens and for supporting the clinical programs and services offered by Mirror to its contracting institutions. The Program Technicians shall operate in accordance with the policies set forth by the Board of Directors and as implemented by his/her supervisors and they shall abide by all applicable laws and regulations. Specifically, those related to by the Kansas Department of Aging & Disability Services, Community Services & Programs Division standards (standards for licensure/certification of alcohol & other drug abuse treatment programs), local city codes and other various contractual agreements which might include KDOC, SB 123, etc... The duties of this position include supervision of clients, charting of client behavior, clerical tasks as related to the work environment, security, collection and the related paperwork requirements of client urinalysis testing and assisting the clinical staff whenever needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervise clients during the assigned hours.
2. Monitor groups as required.
3. Provide educational presentations and facilitate recreation therapy as directed by your supervisor.
4. Familiarize yourself on a daily basis with the status of each individual client either through an oral conference with the primary counselor, or by checking the counselor's charting in Credible. Remember to check the staff communication log.
5. Complete orientation related paperwork on each client as directed by your supervisor.
6. Provide transportation for clients to community based providers. This might include appointments to court hearings, doctor’s offices, parole/probation officers, etc...
7. Maintain a record of all client movement within the given facility.
8. Maintain client and program confidentiality as required by federal laws.
9. Supervise clients during urine specimen collection process during assigned hours.
10. Notify the appropriate person if a client fails to provide a urine sample when required.
11. Ensure the safety of the clients by securing the Mirror Residential building while you are on duty.
12. Monitor referred clients as necessary when on Mirror property, at Mirror related activities in the community or while at scheduled appointments with community providers.
13. While on duty, maintain a true and accurate record of client behavior and program related activities in the client’s daily case record within Credible.
14. Must attend and participate in all staff meetings as directed by the Facility Director.
15. Assist in the collection of client fees as it directly impacts the relationship between the client and Mirror. If required to do so by your immediate supervisor, record and deposit client co-payments. Client co-payments are collected via Mirror policy and procedures as set forth in our contractual agreements with funding sources.
16. Assure that copies of all official program communications and client related materials are filed appropriately and in the designated client files.
17. Duplicate records and papers as required.
18. Handle crisis situations as they might arise. Intervene appropriately to diffuse or de-escalate potentially harmful situations.
19. Be available for case staffing conferences when requested by your supervisor.
20. Assist Mirror's counseling and administrative staff with KDADS compliance and/or funding source audit conditions.
21. Perform other job related functions as directed by your immediate supervisor.