Unilever Site Engineering Manager in New Century, Kansas
Site Engineering & Maintenance Manager
Purpose of Job
The purpose of this position is to manage and control the maintenance and engineering function in the plant and be responsible for all associated technical issues.Management of the maintenance area includes all labor issues within the Maintenance employees, equipment breakdown repair, preventative maintenance and associated systems, management and control of all maintenance costs, management of parts, stockroom organization and inventory. Additionally, the position will be the plant expert in technical regulatory procedures and requirements at local, state or federal levels. The objective is to act as a support function to Production to minimize line downtime, assist with process and operation, and improve operational efficiency.This position is also responsible for the development, implementation and commissioning of all capital projects on the site: smart, infrastructure, base business and innovation. This will include all areas and all disciplines for project engineering including contractor management. The primary objective is to implement agreed capital projects according to agreed timelines and costs.
- Supervise the Plant maintenance function and employees, and ensure that maintenance assignments are carried out in an efficient and safe manner.
- Set up, maintain and be responsible for Plant PM systems, inspection routines, inventory control, job scheduling, staff training, and identification of plant improvement.Manage and maintain the appropriate parts inventory, balancing the trade off between working capital and the risk of equipment downtime.
- Control maintenance expenditure in a cost-effective way according to the site budget for site repairs, resources, direct labor, overtime and contractors.
- Lead the Site WCM Professional Maintenance (PM) pillar.
- Plan, organize and implement capital projects on the site.Prepare cost estimates for capital justification purposes, supervises and guides execution of multi-discipline designs/ installation/ commissioning work on site.Ensure that capital projects are performed within budget and in accordance with the project time quality and safety requirements
- Prepare contract / quotation documentation, obtain quotes, direct contractors or Company staff involved in capital projects.
- Create and implement plans to continuously improve site infrastructure needs such as energy, water, treatment, steam and all infrastructure services, contracts and contractors.
- Coach and develop the human resources across the site on technical and technology issues.
- Work collaboratively with Operations managers to improve site and line efficiencies and reduce waste.
- Develop, build and make available in the organization the Product, Process and Packaging Expertise relevant to the asset base.
- Active and valued participant on Site Leadership Team.
Professional Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline
- 3-5 years of applicable work experience in a manufacturing plant
- Deep understanding of manufacturing performance, maintenance, and TPM/WCM.
- High level of technical troubleshooting ability in all engineering areas.
- Experience with Process Safety Management (PSM) a plus.
- Computer proficiency using MS Office products (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Travel: As per job site requirements
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-Kansas-New Century-New Century -27080 West 159th
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Nov-12-2018
Req ID: 18000D7V