UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies BTS Site Manager in McConnell AFB, Kansas
BTS Site Manager (MCCONBTS-2023-18838)
Bowhead seeks to network with BTS Site Mananger for an upcoming effort. The BTS Site Manager will perform and lead technicians in functions such as; running cables or house wire to telephone sets, terminating connectors, lugs, pins, or screws, associated with key telephone equipment and/or terminating equipment for non-voice circuits.
They must have a global knowledge of how Base Telecommunications Systems operate under government contracts and working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR). Successful candidate will be responsive, reliable, detail-oriented, have good judgment and excellent problem solving skills. They must be responsive, reliable, detail-oriented, and possess a strong motivation to build a productive relationship with internal and external team members. Essential functions to include: • Developing, implementing, and applying management controls to ensure task and deliverables comply with customer requirements.
Job duties will include but are not limited to:
• Validating technical and financial reports, analyze metrics, identify areas for improvement, and develop corrective action solutions that meet operational goals.
• Must be able to accommodate fluctuating workload requirements by efficiently managing resources to ensure successful execution within budget and schedule.
• Conducting program meetings, reviews, and coordinate briefings with customers and senior management.
• Participating in strategic planning, including facilitating meetings and creating plan materials.
• Will lead business development processes such as identification, qualification, capture, and proposal activities, including defining win strategies, identifying competitive discriminators, technical proposal writing, and basis of estimate activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors’ Degree, preferred. High School Diploma or GED, required. Prefer certificates of completion from telephone company sponsored training or higher educational institutions in the telephony industry.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in telephone installation including voice/non-voice communications, telephone key systems, terminal and communications equipment.
• Supervisory / leadership experience, required. Prefer leadership experience operating under government contracts and working within the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
• Must possess the ability to engineer and design telecommunication cable plant systems
• Must be able to multi-task, manage priorities and work independently with little direction
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts. To receive and respond to instructions/assignments, must be able to read, write and speak English.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
Must be able to twist, bend and squat periodically
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere (https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters) .
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Join our Talent Community!
Join our Talent Community (https://talentconnect.uicalaska.com/government-services/talentcommunity) to receive updates on new opportunities and future events.
Location : Location US-KS-McConnell AFB
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain Public Trust (NAC)
Minimum Clearance Required Public Trust (NAC)
Travel Requirement Less than 10%