Kansas State University Libraries Systems Engineer in Manhattan, Kansas
About This Role:
This position will serve as a member of one or more System Engineering teams responsible for Windows and Linux Systems. Other responsibilities include Microsoft Office 365 Administration, Active Directory Administration and assisting other engineers as needed.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University's Information Technology Services (ITS) is committed to providing excellent IT services to the K-State community in support of the teaching, learning, research and service missions of our university. ITS offers a wide range of information, technology, and communications services through six service units.
This position is benefits eligible: health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition assistance program, paid time off- vacation, sick and holidays. To learn more visit: http:/www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Requires an Associates degree and three to five years of relevant experience.
- Experience supporting Windows Server 2008/2012/2016.
- Experience with scripting in Powershell
- Expert hands-on administration experience with VMware tools including ESX, ESXi/vSphere, vCenter, vMotion, DRS, vRealize and other virtualization technologies and concepts.
- Three years’ experience in at least one of the following engineering domains: Windows Systems/Active Directory or Linux engineering and administration, LDAP
- A minimum of 2 years of experience supporting large and complex data center, virtualization, and server computing platforms
- Five years’ experience in at least one of the following engineering domains: Windows Systems/Active Directory and or Linux engineering and administration, LDAP
- A minimum of 3 years of experience supporting large and complex data center virtualization, and server computing platforms
- Experience working with IT systems deployed in higher education
- Understanding and experience with ITIL processes
- Experience troubleshooting complex IT issues in interconnected systems
- Office 365 Administration
- AWS or Azure Cloud provided deployment, optimization, architecture and life cycle management
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
- Demonstrated capability to conduct duties outlined above in one or more domains
- Ability to track and apportion time across multiple projects and troubleshooting tickets
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Effective communicator (orally and in writing) with non-technical and technical audiences
- Willingness to certify through examination or other means that requisite knowledge, skills, and experience are possessed in order to maintain or progress in responsibility and salary
- Position will be on-call in a regular rotation.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- Letter of application/cover letter
- Online application
- Resume with 3 professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Salary Range/ Pay Rate:
$54,590 – $87,340 Annually
Entry Level: $54,590 - $62,778;
Specialist Level: $62,779 - $70,960
Please note: the minimum salary for this position is $54,590. Actual salary will be determined based on the candidate's experience, education, internal equity and departmental funding. Salary offers are typically made between $54,590 and $70,960 of the salary range. The range indicated includes both the typical hiring range and potential future progression.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Department: 3670030090 Enterprise Server Technologies
Job no: 506453
Work type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Computer Science / Information Technology
Advertised: 04 Jan 2019 Central Standard Time Central Standard Time
Applications close: Open until filled
*[K-State]: Kansas State University *[IT]: Information Technology