Pawnee Mental Health Services School Based Case Manager in Manhattan, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12730764
Who We Are
Pawnee Mental Health Services is a private, not-for-profit community mental health center dedicated to providing comprehensive mental health services to strengthen the wellness of our communities. Operating over 10 counties in North-Central Kansas, we provide a full range of psychotherapy, crisis, medication management, and substance abuse recovery services to over 7000 adults, adolescents, and children every year. Pawnee is the only provider in our service area who welcomes anyone in need of mental health services, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year regardless of their insurance, status as a client, or ability to pay. We also believe that all staff have an important role to play in maintaining the wellness of our communities and we are looking for bright, talented people to fill those roles!
If thats a mission that excites you, read on!
The Role You Play
As a school-based case manager at Pawnee, you will be responsible for assessing the needs of children with severe emotional disturbances and developing a plan to enhance their functioning in the school setting primarily. You will also be responsible for coordinating treatment by identifying and establishing services with various community organizations. This position will require evening work; however, your schedule is up to you.
- The Day-to-Day
- Work with the treatment team to identify treatment goals and strategies
- Identify, establish, and coordinate treatment services by liaising with schools or other outside organizations
- Build relationships with clients and their families while helping them make informed choices to meet their basic needs
- Appropriately document plans and updates in the childs health record
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Provide resources and education to families about mental illness
- Assist families with maintaining the benefits they need to successfully continue the rehabilitation process