Manhattan Area Technical College Practical Nursing Adjunct Clinical Instructor in Manhattan, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12837066
The Practical Nursing (PN) Adjunct Clinical Instructor will lead and direct students toward their goal of completion of the PN program in simulation labs and clinical agencies. The PN Clinical Instructor promotes development of the effective use of critical and analytical thinking, evaluation, communication, computation, problem solving, and decision-making.
Demonstrates a thorough and accurate knowledge of the discipline of Practical Nursing.
Works constantly to instill in students the technical and academic competencies and employment behavior expected within the career of nursing.
Collaborates with nursing faculty members to prepare for clinical, lab and simulation instruction.
Develops and maintains a clinical learning environment conducive to effective learning with the limits of the resources provided.
Enforces appropriate rules and expectations of students in the classroom and lab settings that comply with Manhattan Area Technical College (MATC) policies/procedures and that result in a safe, effective learning environment.
Effectively uses technology tools including, but not limited to, MATC Online, e-mail, MS Office, Internet.
Adheres to learning objectives as stated in course syllabi.
Uses evaluation methods that fairly measure student progress toward objectives.
Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law and administrative guidelines.
Meets scheduled classes in accordance with college policy.
Maintain confidentiality of student information.
Ensures that safe and reasonable precautions are implemented to protect students, equipment, and facilities.
Responds in a timely fashion to information requests and required reports from college (e.g. attendance reports, rosters, and grades).
Contributes to curriculum development processes.
Effectively communicates with staff, students, and the public, the mission and operation of MATC and the specific program.
Maintains scheduled office hours to ensure accessibility to students and colleagues.
Evaluates and utilizes student work to promote maximum learning.
Attends and participates in nursing faculty meetings, staff meetings, college committees, and college activities as required by college administration.
Performs all other duties as assigned.
NOTICE OF SPECIAL POSITION OF EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
1. This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of all duties and results to be performed in this position. Duties and Performance standards may be added, subtracted, and/or changed by your supervisor at any time due to changes in department or institutional requirements.
2. Unless exempt due to employment contract signed by the President, all employees of Manhattan Tech are to be considered as an at-will employee.
3. All employees of Manhattan Tech are considered responsible employees pertaining to Title IX regulations concerning both prevention and reporting of sexual assault or harassment situations. As such, all employees must communicate with the Title IX Coordinator if they witness or hear about sexual assault or harassment situations.
4. Manhattan Tech is an equal opportunity employer and complies with EEOC and ADA employment requirements. Manhattan Tech grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religion or veteran status.
5. All offers of employment are subject to criminal background check prior to employment.