Kansas State University Libraries Post Internship Resident in Manhattan, Kansas
About This Role:
Kansas State University invites applicants for a Post Internship Resident for a full-time, 12 month position. The successful applicant will be a generalist with a strong interest in working with a college population. Responsibilities in this position will include:
- Provide professional counseling and psychological services to individuals, couples, groups, and crisis coverage.
- Will receive, and may provide training and supervision. (e.g. individual supervision, case conferences, and seminars).
- Engage in professional service and provide consultation, outreach, and educational activities to faculty/staff, campus groups, and classes.
Why Join Us:
The Counseling Service is a Student Service on campus providing personal assistance to students and consultation/education to the K-State community in order to enhance the success of students. This may be through attention to the individual students or to the campus community as a whole in an effort to assist all students to successfully address the personal, academic, and social issues that impact their progress. The emphasis of our services is to provide brief intervention that may assist with decision making, skill building, or mental health support. To achieve this, Counseling Services provides services in an atmosphere welcoming all by being inclusive of diversity in culture, sexual orientation, religion, and other factors of difference. We strive to collaborate with our community to make this a safer and more equitable campus environment for all.
See our website at http://www.k-state.edu/counseling and our online community at http://www.universitylifecafe.k-state.edu.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Successful completion of an APA accredited psychology internship by the start date of this appointment.
- Prior experience in a university counseling center.
- Qualified for temporary licensure by the State of Kansas Behavioral Sciences Board.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Department: 3670009190 Counseling Services
Job no: 503756
Work type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Student Affairs / Services, Social / Behavioral Sciences
Advertised: 03 May 2018 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled