Manhattan Area Technical College Part-Time Allied Health Instructor in Manhattan, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12837065
The Allied Health Part-time Instructor, under the direction of the Director of Allied Health, provides course instruction in a manner that ensures student comprehension, retention of knowledge, and positive effective student engagement towards students goal of satisfactory completion of Allied Health programs.
- Employs appropriate teaching and learning strategies, and modifies, where appropriate, instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse student needs.
- Develops and maintains an environment conducive to effective learning through enthusiastic, well-prepared, organized lectures and activities consistent with meeting the competencies and objective of the course outline/syllabus
- Encourages the development of communication skills and higher order thinking skills through appropriate assignments; promotes the development and effective use of skills in areas such as critical and analytical thinking, evaluation, communication, computation, problem solving, and decision-making.
- Prepares for classes and clinical sites assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Encourages students to meet acceptable performance standards as defined in course syllabi and by state guidelines.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, patients, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students concerning their progress
- Evaluates and maintains accurate and auditable records of student attendance, progress, and performance as required by state guidelines and college policy through learning management system; and MATC portal
- Assists in upholding and enforcing Board and college policy and procedure.
- Prepares course application forms and maintains student enrollment and test registration records.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with college staff and with clinical site staff.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Vice President of Student Succes and/or Director of Allied Health.
**Must Submit Cover Letter and Resume**
NOTICE OF SPECIAL POSITION OF EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
1. This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of all duties and results to be performed in this position. Duties and Performance standards may be added, subtracted, and/or changed by your supervisor at any time due to changes in department or institutional requirements.
2. Unless exempt due to employment contract signed by the President, all employees of Manhattan Tech are to be considered as an at-will employee.
3. All employees of Manhattan Tech are considered responsible employees pertaining to Title IX regulations concerning both prevention and reporting of sexual assault or harassment situations. As such, all employees must communicate with the Title IX Coordinator if they witness or hear about sexual assault or harassment situations.
4. Manhattan Tech is an equal opportunity employer and complies with EEOC and ADA employment requirements. Manhattan Tech grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religion or veteran status.
5. All offers of employment are subject to criminal background check prior to employment.