Kansas State University IT Support Specialist II (Division of Information Technology) in Manhattan, Kansas
About This Role:
This position provides Tier II support and service restoration for daily operations and projects in a complex, distributed computing environment for the counties in the Northeast K-State Research and Extension offices. Performs a broad range of IT support services: PC and Mac, mobile device, software, and basic network support. Work assignments include troubleshooting for multiple components (e.g. operating systems, hardware, basic network) and integration of components, as well as requiring proficiency with the service bundle (e.g. file sharing, back up, security, etc.). Leads project implementations such as: upgrades to workstations; planning, testing, and deploying hardware; and ensuring integration with central services and university policies and procedures. The individual is part of the desktop support team that builds relationships with more than 30 units and 2000+ workstations and is responsible for using the appropriate tools to communicate with customers. Collaborates with team members to continuously improve systems and services. The position is located in Umberger Hall.
The complete position description is available at: k.edu/it/employment
* Why Join Us:*
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: *https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits *
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- High School Diploma
- Two years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree, or three years of related coursework or employment experience in information technology
- Three years’ experience in a desktop support, help desk, and/or technical support environment
- Extensive knowledge and experience with workstation hardware (installation, configuration, troubleshooting, repair and understand the relationship between the hardware and the operating system)
- Experience using MS O365 and Teams
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; effective interpersonal skills in communicating technical IT issues to a non-technical public
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Works independently and use independent judgement in troubleshooting and the ability to work as part of a team
- Broad experience with mobile devices and the support of mobile devices (iOS, Android devices, Windows Mobile, etc.)* *
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- A cover letter reflecting how skills meet the requirements of the position
- The names, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately. For best consideration, apply by January 29, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$ 39,000 - $ 52,000 annual salary
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Department: 3670030005 Division of Info Tech
Job no: 510113
Work type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Computer Science / Information Technology
Pay Grade: 08A
Advertised: Jan 14, 2021 Central Standard Time Central Standard Time
Applications close: Open until filled