Kansas State University Libraries Fellow (Post Doc) in Manhattan, Kansas
About This Role:
The Akhunov (Wheat Genomics) lab in the Department of Plant Pathology at Kansas State University is looking for a highly motivated individual to work on projects utilizing genomics approaches and gene editing to identify and modify genes controlling major agronomic traits in wheat. This individual will be involved in the CRISPR/Cas9-based editing of genes controlling yield, nutritional quality and disease resistance traits and will evaluate the phenotypic effects of gene editing in genetic backgrounds of different wheat cultivars.
Why Join Us:
Exciting new research is being done using gene editing to identify and modify genes controlling major agronomic traits in wheat. Come be a part of this discovery process!
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- PhD in Plant Biology, Genomics, Genetics or other related biological fields
- Knowledge of at least one programming language (Perl, Python, Java, etc.)
- Statistical data analyses using R or SAS
- Prior experience with genetic mapping techniques, molecular cloning techniques
- high-throughput methods of DNA and RNA analyses using computer programs
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- At least 3 years experience working in the field of plant genomics, genetics or breeding
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- Three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Department: 3670010110 Plant Pathology
Job no: 504785
Work type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Agriculture, Natural / Physical Sciences, Plant Sciences, Research / Scientific / Grants
Advertised: 13 Sep 2018 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled