Kansas State University Custodial Specialist in Manhattan, Kansas
About This Role:
This position is responsible for routine cleaning services to campus buildings to provide a clean and safe environment for students, faculty, staff, and visitors. We offer flexible working hours, Monday thru Friday.
The successful candidate will:
- Clean public areas including, but not limited to, offices, classrooms, restrooms, and other public spaces
- Sweep, wet mop, scrub, dust and clean indoors
- Provide a high level of customer service, be able to respond and resolve internal and external customer requests
- Maintain harmonious work relationship with co-workers
- Perform snow and ice removal as needed
Why Join Us:
The Division of Facilities is an action-oriented service organization within the K-State family. We plan, budget, build, operate, maintain, clean, supply, and transport. We are custodians, landscapers, carpenters, plumbers, electricians, mechanics, project managers, engineers, architects, accountants, and administrative professionals — all stewards and leaders of an inspiring campus shared by many.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Custodial experience in large residential or commercial buildings
- Be able to learn the operation of a wide variety of commercial janitorial equipment and understand/follow explicit instructions in English, both oral and written form
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
- Moderate physical exertion is required to transport equipment associated with the position, often involving times weighing up to 50 pounds, unassisted, on a repetitive basis, daily. Must be able to stand the strain of working long hours at custodial tasks and work inside and outside under varying work and climate conditions.
- Subject to on-call, standby and inclement weather response. This position is considered essential.
How to Apply:
Please complete and submit the online application.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$10.30-14.61 per hour + $.60 shift differential for qualifying work shifts
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Department: 3670060020 Fac Custodial Services
Job no: 509554
Work type: Temporary Full-time
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Custodial, Customer Service
Pay Grade: 02A
Advertised: Aug 27, 2020 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled