Kansas State University Custodial Specialist in Manhattan, Kansas
About This Role:
This full-time, benefits-eligible position is part of a cleaning team that provides services to K-State residence halls. Team members ensure that facilities are clean, sanitized, tidy, and appealing for our student residents and guests. Hotel type services may be provided for University guests. Regular work hours are 7:30 am - 4:00 pm, Monday-Friday.
Duties/responsibilities of this role include:
Participate as an engaged team member to ensure facilities are clean, sanitized, tidy, safe, and appealing for residents, faculty, staff, and guests. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs a variety of cleaning and minor repair tasks to help prevent deterioration of facilities and provide safe, sanitary, adequate, clean living, and working conditions. Properly uses cleaning chemicals and disinfectant products. Routine cleaning includes trash removal, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, washing and disinfecting surfaces, fixtures, and cleaning and sanitizing restrooms.
- Cleans assigned residence hall student rooms and deep cleans all other areas.
- Provides hotel type housekeeping services for conference groups and other guests residing in departmental facilities.
- Completes other duties as assigned. May be asked to attend conferences and workshops. May be assigned to clean other areas or to fill in for absent employees. May be required to serve as a “lead” employee or “fill-in” custodial specialist. All duties are performed in a manner that promotes a harmonious work environment that espouses civility and the University Principles of Community.
Why Join Us:
More than 4,000 students call our campus home. With ten residence halls, a large apartment community, honors house, three dining centers, restaurants, coffee shops, bakery, and convenience stores, our students and guests have affordable, convenient, clean, and comfortable accommodations and services. See more at http://housing.k-state.edu/
Benefits include health insurance, life insurance, retirement plan, tuition assistance program, and paid time off - vacation, sick and holidays.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
* *Preferred Qualifications:
- Custodial/housekeeping experience and knowledge of use and care of commercial/industrial cleaning equipment
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, and materials used in custodial work and their use of application
- Ability to make basic repairs/maintenance tasks
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please complete the online application form
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until filled.
Anticipated Hiring Rate:
$10.68 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Department: 3670009200 Department of Housing & Dining
Job no: 509625
Employment type: Staff Full Time (USS)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Custodial, Customer Service
Pay Grade: 02A
Advertised: Oct 07, 2020 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled