Kansas State University Custodial Specialist (Housing & Dining Services) in Manhattan, Kansas
About This Role:
Come work with us! Join our dynamic team as a full-time custodial specialist in a residence hall dining center. Be part of the excitement of serving student residents and guests. These positions maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of a large dining facility, completing cleaning tasks and training others in the execution of cleaning and warewashing. Work shifts will vary slightly and may include rotating weekends. Duties of this role include:
- Cleans food preparation areas, serving lines, dining rooms, hallways, stairwells, restrooms, entrances and exits, storeroom, vegetable preparation area, and docks. This includes sweeping, wet mopping, waxing, and buffing floors; removing snow and ice from entrances; emptying trash; general dusting, and cleaning.
- Operates and cleans equipment in ware washing area and dish return belts by following established procedures.
- Trains and directs student employees in the execution of cleaning tasks and ware washing and in the care and maintenance of equipment used.
- Cleans and sanitizes tableware, trays, utensils, pots, pans, and equipment used in meal preparation and service to ensure that safe food is served.
- Performs other duties as assigned to include, but not limited to assisting with storekeeping and inventory functions as needed.
- Maintains security of the dining center by following established guidelines for securing the facility.
Why Join Us:
We offer a team-oriented workplace with the opportunity to interact daily with students and staff alike. Our positions include a generous comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays, vacation leave, health insurance, and retirement plan. To learn more visit: http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/
Housing and Dining Services is a large, self-operated auxiliary department serving more than 4,000 students that call the K-State campus home. This "home away from home" meets more than the basic needs of students living with us — we provide affordable, safe, and engaging accommodations and services for our residents while finding unique ways to support them in their academic pursuits.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
*Preferred Qualifications: *
- Prefer one-year custodial experience
- Knowledge of large scale food operation including sanitation procedures, equipment, and methods used in custodial work, food service regulations of the state, city, and department
- Prefer effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to demonstrate and train others in proper cleaning and sanitation procedures and operation of equipment, tools, and other materials used in maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of a large dining facility
- Prefer trustworthiness and dependability at a level to ensure the security of the facility.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
- HACCP Food Safety training and bloodborne pathogens (BBP) training must successfully be completed during the probationary period
- This position is considered essential during a Declaration of Inclement Weather
How to Apply:
Please submit the online application form
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until filled.
*Anticipated Rate of Pay: *
$10.68 per hour. Some work shifts may qualify for an additional $.60 per hour shift differential.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Department: 3670009200 Department of Housing & Dining
Job no: 509690
Work type: Staff Full Time (USS)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Custodial, Customer Service
Pay Grade: 02A
Advertised: Sep 10, 2020 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled