Kiewit Corporation Underground Transmission and Distribution Director of Construction- Kiewit Power Delivery in Lenexa, Kansas
Requisition ID: 125460
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Construction Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Director of Construction, you will be expected to understand and develop means and methods of construction installations of UG 34KV and up for solid dielectric cable installation. Operations include, equipment design and development, cable pulling plans, cable splicing, cable terminations, and cable system testing.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Kiewit Power Delivery (KPD) provides direct-hire construction services for Power Delivery Services utilizing organized and open shop labor force. Kiewit Power Delivery throughout North America currently consists of Transmission & Distribution, Wind and Solar Projects. All of Kiewit Power is committed to Kiewit’s “Nobody Gets Hurt” Philosophy.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
• Working with estimate teams to develop estimates and schedule for project bids
• Developing equipment standards for material handling and pulling
• Reviewing project setup and workplans for construction operations.
• Recruiting and retaining craftsmen with UG transmission cable experience
• Developing relationships with cable suppliers
• Developing schedules and controls for on time delivery of projects
• Developing risk matrices for UG cable projects
• 10-12 years in UG cable construction operations with large solid dielectric experience
• Must be able to travel 75% of time for review of projects
• 7+ years of estimating experience
• Bachelor’s degree in either electrical engineering or construction management, preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.