Quest Diagnostics Technical Analyst - Lenexa,KS in Lenexa, Kansas
Technical Analyst - Lenexa,KS
The Technical Analyst will monitor tickets for severity and impact; provide software support for existing applications; troubleshoot and analyze problems and requirements; monitor issues for trends, and convert tickets to projects when required; manage support tickets to completion. This role will be responsible to continually drive software improvements and ensure seamless support of our customers.
This role is responsible for the support and troubleshooting of multiple enterprise wide systems across all of IT lab and operational applications. Utilize helpdesk ticketing system to record and track daily support activities and investigation of customer issues.
• Respond to issues in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures and Service Level Agreements
• Communicate proactively with Business Units to assess issues and provide periodic status updates, both short-term and long-term
• Perform assessment analysis to identify scope of problems and escalate recurring issues to management
• Support Problem Management calls; provide technical skills to research issues as required and participate on escalations and issue resolution teams to address chronic, priority issues
• Proactively monitor Business Unit error logs and resolve issues as required
• Analyze issues by performing root cause analysis; research and design short-term and long-term solutions
• Maintain proficiency in application and product expertise and serve as an internal consultant in multiple applications and functionalities
• Keep abreast of the new Quest Diagnostics technologies and organizational impact
• Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with all levels, including customers, technical personnel and management.
• Preferred - BS/BA degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• 3-5 years experience in technical support and troubleshooting of multiple enterprise wide systems
• 3 to 5 years Customer Service experience
• Experience with ticketing systems such as Remedy or HP Service Manager preferred
• Should possess a working knowledge of mobile hardware components, mobile applications and web-based applications
• Application experience with MS Windows, MS Office, MS Lync, MS Outlook, and wireless communications/mobile device management
• Excellent proficiency in problem solving and troubleshooting production issues
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent organizational, time management, customer service, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
• Preferred – Development of software solutions utilizing a variety of programming languages including JAVA, SQL, C or C++, PRO-IV, Wiki etc.
• Rotational weekend/holiday support on-call as required
• Day Shift Hours – Slight change in shift hours may be required to provide adequate overlap of support coverage
• Competencies: Learning on the Fly; Decision Quality; Priority Setting; Customer Focus; Problem Solving; Informing; Technical Learning; Functional/Technical Skills
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.