Kiewit Structural Engineer - Kiewit Power Engineers in Lenexa, Kansas
Requisition ID: 166695
Job Level: Entry Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Power Engineering
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
As an entry-level Structural Design Engineer, you will be part of a growing team that supports all aspects of the construction process by performing innovative design engineering through brainstorming conceptual designs, performing and/or reviewing structural calculations, developing plans, scheduling tasks to meet client needs, as well as mitigating risk to keep our construction crews safe.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Power district , which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPC delivery model for power facilities. We offer a variety of engineering services, including owner's engineering, project development, detailed engineering and design, construction management and plant services. Our engineering teams bring power projects to life across North America in the following areas:
Renewables and new technology
This position is based out of our Lenexa, KS office.
• Assist in the preparation of designs for assigned structure(s) including research, system selection, analysis, and drawing preparation on projects ranging from moderate to large in size and complexity.
• Apply department and industry standards when preparing calculations, project drawings, and project specifications.
• Incorporate the requirements of the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) contract, customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs), professional service agreements, or other contractual requirements ensuring the projects meet or exceed project goals.
• Research new markets and adapt current process and workflows to successfully execute project deliverables.
• Coordinate with internal and external partners including cross-discipline, construction, vendors, fabricator(s), and owners to address structural-related issues or concerns.
• Prepare, monitor, and update project plans, schedules, and budgets (including staffing needs) to project management and department management.
• Support department managers in achieving performance goals for the department.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Structural or Architectural engineering program (with a Structural focus) from an ABET accredited four-year program, with some masters’ coursework preferred
• 3.0 cumulative GPA preferred
• 0-2 years’ experience in Structural design engineering in the Power/ Industrial industry preferred
• Functional in utilizing spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and computer operations.
• Knowledgeable in engineering software, specifically SAP2000, SAFE, SpMats, and MathCAD.
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.