Kiewit Corporation Structural Engineer - Kiewit Nuclear Solutions in Lenexa, Kansas
Requisition ID: 164880
Job Level: Entry Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Power Engineering
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Want to build something incredible like first-of-their-kind Small Modular Nuclear Reactors or highly complex facilities that support our National Security Mission? The Kiewit Nuclear Solutions is looking for the best Structural Engineering talent to come and help construct these incredible projects that our nation’s future depends on. Kiewit is one of North America’s largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. We have been continuously ranked among Engineering News-Record’s (ENR) top 10 overall contractors (#3 for 2022) for the past several decades.
Kiewit Nuclear Solutions is tasked with executing projects that support our national security missions and commercial nuclear markets.
This position is based out of our Oak Ridge, TN or Lenexa, KS office.
• Assist in the preparation of designs for assigned structure(s) including research, system selection, analysis, and drawing preparation on projects ranging from moderate to large in size and complexity.
• Apply department and industry standards when preparing calculations, project drawings, and project specifications.
• Incorporate the requirements of the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) contract, customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs), professional service agreements, or other contractual requirements ensuring the projects meet or exceed project goals.
• Research new markets and adapt current process and workflows to successfully execute project deliverables.
• Coordinate with internal and external partners including cross-discipline, construction, vendors, fabricator(s), and owners to address structural-related issues or concerns.
• Prepare, monitor, and update project plans, schedules, and budgets (including staffing needs) to project management and department management.
• Support department managers in achieving performance goals for the department.
Eligibility for this position requires US citizenship; the successful candidate must provide proof of US citizenship in order to obtain badge access to the site
Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited four-year university required
Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification preferred
GPA above 3.0 preferred
Proficient in basic computer programs including MS Word and Excel, web browsing and e-mail programs
Strong work ethic – highly motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done right
Candidate must complete security questionnaire and successfully clear site access requirements check
All employees are subject and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment
Must be able to obtain a security clearance, as applicable
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.