Kiewit Corporation Sr. Proposal Coordinator - OGC, Power, Industrial, Water in Lenexa, Kansas
Requisition ID: 117779
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Business Development & Proposals
Employment Type: Full Time
The proposal coordinator position within Kiewit’s energy & industrial proposal team is responsible for the coordination, development, organization, review, and finalization of compelling proposals and related opportunity capture documents.
As a proposal coordinator, you are responsible for the development and submission of prequalification and proposal responses and related documents and presentations. This includes 1) Development of compliant, accurate, and compelling response narratives and graphics; and 2) Coordination and administration of proposal DORs, schedules, kick-offs, reviews, document control, electronic and print submittals, and response data. They are also responsible for leading and/or supporting continuous improvement initiatives such as boilerplate and resume development.
Ideally this role would be located in Lenexa, KS, Houston, TX, The Woodlands, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, or Fairfield, CA.
• Develops, manages, and finalizes RFP and RFQ responses for pursuits ranging from $5M to over $1B in contract value, across contract delivery methods and markets.
• On major and/or complex pursuits, leads and manages other proposal staff and contractors in developing deliverables including proposal coordinators and technical writers.
• Collaborates with business line management, business development, operations, and executive team to develop golden threads and win strategies, incorporating throughout proposal deliverables.
• Works with graphic design team to develop compelling visuals that support strategic messaging.
• Interviews SME(s) and conducts research to produce accurate and comprehensive proposal responses and messaging.
• Provides initial go-by write-ups/materials to SMEs, provides guidance to SMEs and others as appropriate, identifying known and potential issues with section responses.
• Creates and manages pursuit responsibility matrices defining roles, deadlines, and assignments.
• Initiates and leads proposal meetings, including kickoffs, status updates and reviews.
• Finalizes and submits proposal documents as appropriate.
• Creates compelling post-bid presentation materials.
• Develops and maintains best practices and templates.
• Manages multiple pursuits concurrently while meeting quality standards and deadlines.
• Supports and/or drives continuous improvement efforts across department including process improvement, development and customization of material by market and/or delivery method, etc.
• At least 5 years of proposal management experience in A/E/C (or related) industry with an emphasis on qualifications-based collaborative delivery projects.
• At least 3 years of proposal experience managing and coordinating construction projects..
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications, Journalism, or English, although any related field to the A/E/C industry will be considered. Construction Management or Engineering degree a plus.
• Advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Excellent understanding of construction and engineering-focused/technical writing skills, specifically related to the municipal Water market
• Skilled at collaborating with and interviewing executives, engineers, construction managers, legal, designers, and others to secure information for various writing assignments
• Exceptional attention to detail, organization and active listening skills
• Strong emotional intelligence
• Self-motivated with ability to work well with professionals from various backgrounds
• Ability to manage multiple projects to consistently meet high standards and be attentive to quality
• Driven for results and deadlines
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.