Kiewit Corporation Sr Packaging Engineer- Kiewit Industrial Engineering in Lenexa, Kansas
Requisition ID: 106722
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Excellence, Innovation, and change has defined Ibberson as a design-build firm in the agricultural, industrial, and infrastructure marketplace for over 135 years. We are currently undergoing our most amibitious and exciting change – into a leadership role for Ibberson as the food & beverage market engineering, procurement and construction services provider. Due to our record performance last year, and the challenge of advancing our position in the food & beverage and industrial industry sectors, we are seeking high caliber candidates to fill an available position of Senior Engineer – Packaging Systems Engineering.
This person will report to an Engineering Manager and be responsible for driving and performing packaging systems design from concept through engineering deliverables completion coordinating solutions from the engineering, procurement, construction and start up services groups. Focusing on the technical aspects of packaging systems design and working with our other internal subject matter experts (SMEs) relating to building/utility systems design & layout, the engineer will be responsible for the design and integration of packaging systems. Working in collobaration with client representatives, third party vendors/integrators to bring forward the best in systems solutions while meeting core requisites of food safety aligned with cGMP criteria and recognized sanitary design practices. Additionally, this person will assist in the business development as a packaging systems design expert; and foster the development and growth of the design-build engineering department staff through mentoring and improved work processes to meet the needs of our food & beverage clients.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Industrial Design Group, which includes process, electrical, controls, structural, architectural, geotechnical, and civil disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on EPC and design-build delivery of industrial projects in markets such as Food & Beverage, Consumer Products, Heavy Manufacturing, Industrial Buildings Industrial Water and Utilities. We have specialized expertise in plant floor process design, packaging, refrigerated/frozen facility design, and ammonia refrigeration systems.
This position is based out of Lenexa, KS.
• Serve as the company technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) relating to packaging systems design through all phases of project delivery.
• Bring technical expertise and experiences in packaging systems implementation for Food and Beverage products produced by CPG manufacturers for both dry and liquids products.
• Engagements would entail new packaging systems design, existing systems upgrades and optimizations for new product innovations, capacity expansions, and systems automation technologies.
• Provide leadership in packaging systems designs in the project planning processes within the proposal phase; develop the required scope and collaborate with both internal and external resources, SME’s and functional leadership in preparing written technical engineering scope, equipment estimating, schedule development and other proposal deliverables, as required.
• Coordinate the work-flow between engineering disciplines to assure coordination of design work and perform quality checks of the deliverables to be in conformance with contract and project execution plan requirements.
• Participate in the development of cost-effective engineering and construction execution plans to support a competitive proposal. Assist the company to win profitable work in a highly competitive food & beverage plant design-build environment.
• Participate in the pre-construction process planning projects in developing the best execution process for engineering and design deliverables relating to the packaging systems.
• Support the preparation of a written project execution plan for the engineering & design services including deliverables, for the packaging systems discipline.
• Participate in the project change management process within the engineering process - managing scope changes and elevating such changes to project management.
• Assure packaging engineering deliverables are aligned with the both the engineering and construction process phases - coordinating deliverables and schedules with project management.
• On occasion serve as primary client contact on select engineering (only) assignment(s) – maintain and nurture client relationships.
• Support the construction process within the design-build delivery by providing field engineering services when called upon, responding to RFI’s during construction, reviewing and approving vendor drawings, and supporting project completion and turn-over as called for within the prime services contract.
• Support business development functions by representing the company capabilities to prospective clients or directly participating in soliciting new work opportunities in the marketplace in coordination with business development and in alignment with business line strategic direction.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology
• Minimum ten years’ experience performing packaging systems engineering projects with a preference toward design-build engagements within the food & beverage industry
• Must be able to use AutoCAD in the design of process and packaging systems or direct designers in the accomplishment of the same.
• Should be well versed in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook
• Would be a benefit to have engineering skills and experiences in both manufacturing and facilities logistics
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.