Kiewit Corporation Senior Process Engineer- Municipal Water- Kiewit Water Engineering in Lenexa, Kansas
Requisition ID: 107486
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Water Engineering (KWE) has an immediate opening for a Senior Process Engineer with primary focus on the Municipal Water market in our growing Water Operations group based in Lenexa, KS, USA. You will be part of our growing Water Operations team that is developing water and wastewater infrastructure solutions that seamlessly transition from design plans to completed projects that exceed client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
You will provide technical and process engineering leadership for treatment process evaluation, selection, design and optimization and evaluation of plant operations associated with the permanent design activities of Kiewit teams and external partners on municipal water design-build projects and pursuits. Design-Build municipal water projects include water treatment, wastewater treatment, groundwater remediation, water reuse, biosolids, stormwater recycle, conveyance, dams and storage and similar water/wastewater projects. We are looking for ideal candidates to grow the Kiewit team by helping establish, maintain, and improve company standards and tools while also utilizing these standards and tools to contribute to project success.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Power district, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPC delivery model for power facilities. We offer a variety of engineering services, including owner's engineering, project development, detailed engineering and design, construction management and plant services. Our engineering teams bring power projects to life across North America in the following areas:
Renewables and new technology
This role will be based out of Kiewit's Lenexa, KS office (Kansas City area).
• Provide technical and engineering leadership for municipal water and wastewater facility design including treatment process evaluation, process selection, and optimization and conduct evaluations of full scale plant operations, pilot studies and bench studies as required. Identify and evaluate process lifecycle costs.
• Interface with clients and partner engineers to support project and business development needs. Work directly with clients and partners on projects and tasks to develop long-term relationships. Attend client development activities and functions.
• Coordinate multiple projects and clients simultaneously.
• Provide consultation in specialized areas related to treatment plant planning and design.
• Communicate/present potential new business opportunities and industry trends, competitive situations or technology/regulatory issues to the company.
• Work within a multi-disciplinary team of engineers within a budget and schedule to execute design and engineering on projects.
• Oversee and participate in the preparation of engineering reports, engineering drawings and specifications for complex water/wastewater projects such as PFD’s, P&ID’s, process simulations, datasheets, and engineering calculations including hydraulics and equipment sizing.
• Support business development efforts and help in the pursuit of new projects. Contribute to the development of client proposals and project cost estimates.
• Perform process systems and hydraulics modeling and scenario studies.
• Provide front line issue resolution of technical issues associated with design, construction, equipment and/or operations.
• Actively participate in professional organizations. Prepare and make presentations to clients and professional organizations.
• Serve as a representative of Kiewit at meetings, presentations and public hearings/meetings relative to assigned projects.
• Participate in improving company resources and tools to improve design production and efficiency.
• Mentor Kiewit’s less experienced engineers to become future leaders in process engineering.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemical, Mechanical, or Civil/Environmental Engineering
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in process development, conceptual and detailed design with a background in municipal potable water and wastewater.
• Professional Engineer (PE) registration
• Understanding of federal, state and local regulations and requirements related to water treatment and discharge
• Experience as process design engineering lead on design-build projects is preferred
• Must be willing and available to accommodate intermittent travel (20-30% maximum expected)
• Preferred experience utilizing AFT Fathom or AFT Arrow hydraulic simulation software (or equivalent) and/or experience with process modeling and simulation software applications such as Biowin, GPS-X, WatPro, AqMB, SIMBA etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.