Aston Carter Senior Loan Underwriter in Lenexa, Kansas
• Understand the credit union’s product and services menu ensuring that each member receives the best loan product for their need.
• Understand and apply all lending policies and procedures to each loan decision to minimize loss.
• Make loan recommendations or decisions based upon information from the application and other sources, such as credit bureau information, account flags and membership guidelines.
• Review income statements, paystubs, and tax returns.
• Provide accurate account information using account security procedures.
• Build and maintain relationships with 3rd party vendors or dealerships.
• Effectively interact and communicate with front line staff and dealers through lending system, phone or email during the decision making.
• Supports the day-to-day planning and operations set by the Loan Underwriting Manager so that the team meets the required level of service or production.
• Advocate, promote honest and open communication throughout the credit union and with dealership personnel.
• Demonstrate behaviors that are consistent with the credit union’s values, philosophies and leadership characteristics.
• Work with other credit union departments to ensure workflows and processes are providing the best service to members.
• Periodically reports on team and individual work accomplishments, problems, progress in mastering tasks and work processes, and individual and team needs to the Loan Underwriting Manager.
• Observe and communicate training needs and requests to the Loan Underwriting Manager.
• Assist in determining individual, team, and credit union goals. Develop an action plan to meet the goals in a specific period of time.
• Coach, facilitate, solve work problems, and participate in the work of the team.
• Must possess proficient knowledge of the procedures and processes of loans in order to provide support to this department, when necessary.
• Perform onsite visits to local dealerships and branches to maintain relationships and/or coaching.
• Prepare, order, and/or submit any reports that are required by state or federal law and/or requested by the Loan Underwriting Manager.
• Be the point of contact in the absence of the Loan Underwriting Manager.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
consumer loan, underwriting, Lending, Clerical, Financial, secondary market, analytical skill, interpersonal skills, spreadsheets, leadership, NCUA, decision-making
Top Skills Details:
consumer loan, underwriting
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or two (2) to five (5) year experience of Consumer Lending in a financial institution and/or Underwriting.
• Management or Leadership experience desired.
Other Preferred Skills:
• Advanced knowledge of credit union products and services.
• Strong knowledge of regulations including but not limited to - NCUA Non-Discrimination Regulation, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Reg B, Reg Z, Safe Act, and • Wall Street Reform.
• Strong ability to make sound lending decision.
• Strong ability to negotiate lending decisions.
• Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented.
• Strong customer service skills, communication (verbal & written), interpersonal and documentation skills.
• Proficient time management and problem resolution skills.
• Open to flexible scheduling options including Saturday rotation and possess the ability to adapt/change as needed.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
• Must be able to be bonded.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (%email@example.com) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.