Eaton Corporation ReSurge Returnship - Supply Chain Regional Buyer in Lenexa, Kansas
Eaton’s ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div division is currently seeking a ReSurge Returnship - Supply Chain Regional Buyer. Are you ready to rejoin the workforce after a career break? Are you looking to change industries or the function from your previous experience?
The expected annual salary range for this role is $77249.97 - $113299.96 a year.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
Eaton’s ReSurge Returnship Program is hiring a Supply Chain Regional Buyer to support our Electrical Engineering Services and Systems (EESS) central Field Services team.
Are you ready to rejoin the workforce after a career break? Are you looking to change industries or the function from your previous experience?
There are many reasons why people leave their jobs – and just as many reasons why it’s time to come back to work. At Eaton, we empower experienced professionals to succeed not just at work, but in life, too. We understand that success is no longer just measured by a salary and a job title. After a career break, there are competing priorities to consider and unique needs to be met.
Our ReSurge Program ensures that you will have a multitude of opportunities to make an impact across a global organization during your 12-month assignment. Participants will work to solve real-world challenges while refreshing the skills necessary to be a leader in our organization. You will gain enriching and diverse experiences and work side-by-side with experienced leaders and mentors to power your career. You’ll be part of a cohort, but each participant’s development experience will be customized to help them reach their highest potential; no two participants will have the same experience or set of responsibilities.
The Supply Chain Regional Buyer is accountable for performing the supply chain management function for their assigned region. This includes ownership of the procurement processes, alignment with strategic sourcing and strategy for commodity-specific purchases, spot buy sourcing, and operational procurement support. The Regional Buyer will work with the Technical Application Support (TAS) & National Sales teams to obtain multiple bids in support of proposal generation. Upon award, the Regional Buyer will support the procurement administration processes; vendor set-up as applicable, negotiation of final pricing and purchase order execution. The candidate will support the usage of procurement excellence, supplier site assessment, and cost-out tools from the Eaton Business System (EBS)
•Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
•Minimum 3+ years of industry experience in Supply Chain/Procurement
•No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of location listed to be considered.
•Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
•Service oriented electrical industry experience
•Knowledge and understanding of procurement, negotiations, and vendor management
•Experience with enterprise resource planning software (ERP) such as Oracle, SAP, etc.
•Advanced analytical skills/excel experience, particularly with volume purchasing
Essential functions of this role include:
• Process PO's for material and subcontractor procurement.
• Reconcile supplier invoice problems and work to eliminate and/or control discrepancies.
• Ensure suppliers meet quality, availability, delivery, and other factors necessary to ensure the overall conformance of materials purchased to contract requirements and overall company objectives.
• Partner with sales and oprations to support the vendor proposal process during the bidding stage, including supplier selection, submission of RFP packages and bid analysis.
• Regional lead to partner with EESS OPEX/Supply Chain on division initiatives:
o Cost Out - drive cost reduction and cost avoidance opportunities
o DPO – support Net 120 negotiations with suppliers
o DOH – drive reduction in aged inventory
• Support “One Eaton Supply Chain” by leveraging existing supplier relationships, assist in identifying and developing new sources in conjunction with EESS Supply Chain Analysts/Manager, including support of new supplier set ups and ASL/Safety approvals
• Perform Vendor set-up process for all new suppliers with adherence to Eaton requirements, including documentation collection, submission and tracking approval process.
• Draft purchasing agreements using designated templates, negotiate terms and conditions with vendors and work with regional teams and contracts team to assess requests for non-standard critical contract adjustments. Reach agreement on terms and obtain signatures on executed contracts and document agreements within the Contract Lifecycle Management tool.
• Responsible for assisiting field with ERP P2P related issues.
• Champion the awareness of OneEaton Supply Chain initiatives including Mass Changes to Payment Terms, Freight consolidation strategies and other corporate programs.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.