Kiewit PMO Manager - Kiewit Technology Group in Lenexa, Kansas
Requisition ID: 170236
Job Level: Senior Level
Home District/Group: DHO Information Technology Group
Department: Technology Group
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Technology Group (KTG) has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Manager, PMO in the Kansas City area. At KTG, the PMO is responsible for the activities associated with both technical and strategic initiatives. There is a need for both waterfall and agile methodologies across the larger PMO, but this individual team largely manages agile work projects.
The PMO manager for the Operations Technology Systems organization is focused on technology in support of the various Districts that make up the core of Kiewit products and services. The manager will be well-versed in data-driven decisioning and identifying common themes and trends in products, projects, and teams. They will be intensely-focused on the growth and development of their team. We have a strong, dynamic team, using advanced practices for the measurement of projects and the portfolio.
Kiewit Technology Group (KTG) builds solutions to enable and support a $12.5 billion company. Our mission is to deliver project schedule and cost certainty by employing technology designed by and for the construction industry. Our team deploys technology solutions to the field and home office departments that increase profitability by maximizing the way we use our people and resources in daily operations. KTG uses systems and tools that manage every part of Kiewit’s business and lifecycle of a project to improve planning and day-to-day execution in the field by giving our people real-time data to make faster, smarter decisions. When you join KTG, you will make an impact on the critical work we do every day.
This position will be based out of Lenexa, Kansas working directly with our District Technology Solutions organization while reporting to the Project and Portfolio Management org in Omaha, Nebraska. This position has a hybrid schedule that includes an option of working from home part of the time.
• Work in tandem with the Kiewit Delivery Model (SDLC) team to ensure complete synchronization between tools and process
• Train and coach the key stakeholders in the agreed project delivery processes
• Represent project management function within leadership and stakeholder teams
• Provide clear and accurate information for effective decision making, to maximize value & mitigate risks
• Establish effective communication channels to capture progress and results of improvement initiatives
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the portfolio
• Define and maintain RACI documentation for cross-functional teams
• Review and track business cases and ROI for projects.
• Monitor project success and report metrics on cost, timeline, and quality during and after project closure
• Progress the maturity of the PMO organization in using metrics for data-driven decisioning and balanced scorecards
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience as software development Project Manager, Program Manager, or a related information management / technology role and three (3) years managing project managers in Project Management Office organizations
• Experience with various project management methodologies (waterfall, Agile, SCRUM, Kanban, etc.)
• Proven strategic planning skills, ability to consult and develop business cases
• Expert written and verbal communication skills, with deep experience working with executives
• Trusted advisor with proven ability to works cooperatively across the business and with third-party vendors and partners to cultivate long-term relationships
• Extensive knowledge of large, complex corporate systems
• Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods.
• Working knowledge of industry standard program/project management software (Azure DevOps, MS Project, PPM tools)
• Strong change management skills to include the practical implementation of new-to-Kiewit principles and concepts.
• Identify and prioritize issues, make timely decisions, and determine the nature of the response required
• Work collaboratively and take a leadership role engaging and informing multiple stakeholder groups
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or similar required
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.