Kiewit Corporation Mid-Level Structural Engineer- Kiewit Industrial Engineering in Lenexa, Kansas
Requisition ID: 126219
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Industrial Engineering (K-IND) division is seeking a Mid-Level Structural Design Engineer in the Lenexa, Kansas office. Looking for ideal candidates to grow the K-IND team by helping establish, maintain, and improve standards and tools, and mentoring young engineers while contributing to project success. Candidates will have a minimum of 4 -10 years of experience in engineering, using current drawing and technical tools/programs/software with an understanding and experience in design documentation creation/layout, and be comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a growth mindset continuing to develop in their technical and professional career.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,500 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve industrial, transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 135 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Industrial Design Group, which includes process, electrical, controls, structural, architectural, geotechnical, and civil disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on EPC and design-build delivery of industrial projects in markets such as Renewable Natural Gas, Food & Beverage, Consumer Products, Heavy Manufacturing, Industrial Buildings, Industrial Water, and Mining. We have specialized expertise in plant floor process design, packaging, material handling, refrigerated/frozen facility design, and ammonia refrigeration systems.
We are a high performing team of engineers and designers that develop projects through the project life cycle engaging exciting projects throughout North America. Our staff leads the industrial markets engineering process and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
This position is based out of Lenexa, KS.
• Prepare designs for structures including research, system selection, analysis, and drawing preparation on projects ranging from moderate to large in size and complexity.
• Apply department and industry standards to oversee the preparation of calculations, project drawings, and project specifications.
• Mentor and direct the work of entry and mid-level employees for skills development. Reviews their progress and results. Provides direction and coaching, as needed.
• Leverages Building Information Modeling (BIM) to create plans, drawings, and details.
• Incorporate the requirements of the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) contract, customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs), professional service agreements, or other contractual requirements ensuring the projects meet or exceed project goals.
• Coordinate with internal and external partners including cross-discipline, construction, vendors, fabricator(s), and owners to address structural-related issues or concerns.
• Recommend changes for standards or process improvements, as needed.
• Prepare, monitor, and update project plans, schedules, and budgets (including staffing needs) to project management and department management.
• Support department managers in setting and achieving performance goals for the department.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering in a civil or architectural engineering program from an ABET accredited four-year college or university program. Some masters’ coursework preferred
• Licensed Professional Engineer
• At least four-ten years’ experience in structural engineering and design. A minimum of three years in the industrial or building markets, preferred
• Must be able to communicate effectively and constructively with other team members and disciplines both verbally and written form
• Functional in utilizing spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and computer operations
• Knowledgeable and experience in engineering software: CSi SAP2000 and SAFE, RISA Suite.
• Knowledge and experience with BIM software: Revit preferred, AutoCAD, and Navisworks.
• Must be able to represent Kiewit Industrial Engineering in a professional manner to owners, contractors, vendors, and any other contacts outside Kiewit organization
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.