Kiewit Corporation Mid-Level Process Engineer- Kiewit Industrial Engineering in Lenexa, Kansas
Requisition ID: 106739
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Industrial Engineering (K-IND) is seeking a Mid-Level Process Engineer in the Lenexa, Kansas office. We are looking for ideal candidates to grow the Kiewit team by helping establish, maintain, and improve company standards and tools while also utilizing these standards and tools to contribute to project success. Candidates shall have a minimum of 3 years of experience in mechanical or process engineering, including specific experience with food and beverage, bulk solids material handling or other industrial facility systems and equipment. Candidates shall be familiar with current drawing and technical tools, programs, and software with an understanding of design documentation creation and layouts. Candidates shall be capable of exhibiting flexibility in work assignments while maintaining a growth mindset and continuing to develop in their technical and professional career.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Industrial Design Group, which includes process, electrical, controls, structural, architectural, geotechnical, and civil disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on EPC and design-build delivery of industrial projects in markets such as Food & Beverage, Consumer Products, Heavy Manufacturing, Industrial Buildings Industrial Water and Utilities. We have specialized expertise in plant floor process design, packaging, refrigerated/frozen facility design, and ammonia refrigeration systems.
This position is based out Lenexa, KS.
• Design various mechanical systems including engineering calculations typical for food and beverage, bulk solids material handling, and other industrial facilities including, but not limited to, process piping, hydraulic calculations, CIP systems, bulk solids material handling, conveying systems, dust collection, and general plant/facility water, compressed air, and gas systems.
• Prepare design calculations and equipment specifications for typical food and beverage, material handling, and other industrial facilities including, but not limited to, hydraulic systems, bulk material handling conveyors, dust collection systems/equipment, bins/tanks, pumps, heat exchangers, boilers, and other process equipment.
• Perform detailed technical bid analyses for equipment typical for food and beverage, bulk material solids, and other industrial facilities.
• Generate and/or check design deliverables such as PFD’s, P&ID’s, process simulations, datasheets, and vendor shop drawings in accordance with industry codes and standards, contract requirements, and company standards.
• Support the construction team including representing the design team on-site, answering RFI’s, providing creative design solutions, etc.
• Coordinate with other design partners (both internal and external) including construction partners, equipment suppliers, and other engineers and designers assigned to the project or task and review work progress and results.
• Work within a multi-disciplinary team of engineers within a budget and schedule to execute design and engineering on projects.
• Develop schedules, work assignments, and staffing requirements to ensure successful project completion.
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or chemical engineering or equivalent engineering program from an ABET accredited four-year university.
• Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification required; Professional Engineer (P.E.) preferred
• A minimum of 3 years of food and beverage, bulk solids material handling or other industrial industry related engineering experience
• Proficient in basic computing programs including the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Preferred experience utilizing AFT Fathom or AFT Arrow hydraulic simulation software (or equivalent) or Aspen HYSYS (or equivalent) process simulation software
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.