Kiewit Corporation Mechanical Engineer - Kiewit Nuclear Solutions in Lenexa, Kansas
Requisition ID: 164580
Job Level: Entry Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Power Engineering
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Want to build something incredible like first-of-their-kind Small Modular Nuclear Reactors or highly complex facilities that support our National Security Mission? The Kiewit Nuclear Solutions is looking for the best Mechanical Engineering talent to come and help construct these incredible projects that our nation’s future depends on. Kiewit is one of North America’s largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. We have been continuously ranked among Engineering News-Record’s (ENR) top 10 overall contractors (#3 for 2022) for the past several decades.
Kiewit Nuclear Solutions is tasked with executing projects that support our national security missions and commercial nuclear markets.
This position is based out of our Oak Ridge, TN or Lenexa, KS office.
• Assist in the design of mechanical piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs) for power plant, carbon capture facilities, or renewable energy systems including steam cycle systems, boiler feed and condensate, water treatment, fuel handling, hydraulic, heat transfer systems, conveying systems, and air and gas systems.
• Prepare design calculations and specifications for major power plant, carbon capture facilities, or renewable energy related equipment including, but not limited to, combustion turbines, steam turbines, boilers, condensers, cooling towers, and pumps.
• Prepare pipe stress model analysis for power generation, carbon capture or renewable energy
• Prepare mechanical engineering designs, including layout, design sketches, and conceptual design.
• Check design deliverables in accordance with industry codes and standards, contract requirements and company standards.
• Assist in the development of schedules, work assignments, and staffing requirements to ensure successful project completion.
• Coordinate with other drafters, designers, and engineers assigned to the project or a task and review work progress and results.
Eligibility for this position requires US citizenship; the successful candidate must provide proof of US citizenship in order to obtain badge access to the site
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited four-year university required
Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification preferred
GPA above 3.0 preferred
Proficient in basic computer programs including MS Word and Excel, web browsing and e-mail programs
Strong work ethic – highly motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done right
Candidate must complete security questionnaire and successfully clear site access requirements check
All employees are subject and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment
Must be able to obtain a security clearance, as applicable
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.