City Wide Maintenance Human Resource Generalist in Lenexa, Kansas
City Wide Maintenance of Kansas City is looking for a strong, strategic Human Resources Generalistto join our team. This is a rare HR opportunity for the right individual that wants to implement and learn strategic HR disciplines. We have a great culture and this individual will help reinforce it, build upon it, and learn all disciplines in Human Resources. It won’t be easy, but in exchange, you will learn how HR drives organizational change and improves our business through the people we work with.
Main responsibilities will include – implementing our “Why,” being an advocate to our employees, develop training, coach and train supervisors, recruiting and helping maintain HR activities to support City Wide HR policies and procedures. This position will split their workweek and support our downtown Kansas City satellite location and Lenexa Home Office, including working in the field with our Operation teams.
City Wide has nearly 60 years of experience managing more than 20 building maintenance solutions and is also one of Kansas City’s fastest growing companies for the last 10 consecutive years.
We are looking for an HR person that understands business, people and Human Resources. We work hard, care for one another, and have a desire to SERVE others.
What We Will Provide You:
- A base salary of $40,000 - $55,000 base salary,
- Medical, dental, vision, Life AD&D, Dependent Care FSA, HSA benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- 15 days of PTO for your first 4 years, 6 paid holidays annually
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field highly desired.
- 2-3 years’ Human Resources experience in a service-based environment and proven experience recruiting.
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal, and State labor laws required.
- Union experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of HRIS, Payroll and Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills - strong written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated analytical, negotiating, problem-solving skills and highly detail orientation (ability to follow-up).
- Exceptional conflict resolutions skills and ability to coach others.
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and professional discretion.
- Efficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Successfully complete and pass a background check and drug screen.
City Wide is a national organization of locally-owned businesses that manages maintenance services for commercial properties. Founded in Kansas City in 1961, we have grown to support a national sales and management organization in more than 50 cities around the United States. Our company culture derives from the values of our founders, and emphasizes professionalism, trust, and community service.
City Wide offers the dual benefits of a small-business atmosphere and a national support organization. Here you will find a strong culture of entrepreneurship with high expectations, and a culture of coaching and support to back it up.
Come work for City Wide, and you will find unparalleled peer support and an organization entirely supportive of your professional development and success. Employee excellence is featured at monthly scorecard meetings, encouraged with employee-generated recognition and reward programs, and celebrated with annual and occasional events and awards.
If you do not see a position available in the specific market you are interested in, please use our* locations page *to contact that location directly regarding possible employment opportunities. If you were approached by a City Wide employee as part of a recruiting effort and do not see a position available in that market, we suggest contacting that person directly.
City Wide of Kansas City was recently recognized as one of _Ingram's 2018 Best Companies to Work For_! Also, don't forget to check us out on Glassdoor!