Kiewit Corporation General Superintendent - Kiewit Power Delivery Midwest Region in Lenexa, Kansas
Requisition ID: 154961
Job Level: Senior Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Power Delivery
Department: Construction Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
As a General Superintendent you will play a significant part in the success for Kiewit’s Power District. You will function as a field supervisor and may have responsibility for multiple Foreman, and/or laborers/craft workers. You with be responsible for the organization, work methods, scheduling, cost control, conformity with drawings and specification, workmanship, and assignment of work to accomplish the execution of the work, either directly or through General Foreman or Foreman. You will also work to maintain positive working relationships with clients, architect/engineer, suppliers, subcontractors, and jobsite staff.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Kiewit Power Delivery. is a full-service engineering and construction solutions provider operating across North America. Our experience and expertise span all aspects of the transmission and distribution market from high voltage overhead and underground transmission to distribution and automation design and construction capabilities. With these broad capabilities, we operate in the electric utility, renewable energy, industrial, and oil & gas markets. As part of Kiewit, we are integrated with 135 years of construction and engineering experience that provides holistic solutions, differentiating our team from the rest of the industry.
Our rapidly growing power delivery business has opened new locations across North America to strengthen our market presence while executing work within the communities that we live. We have invested in industry-leading design technology and platforms while also expanding our construction equipment fleet with the most advanced, and safest equipment on the market. We are committed to building upon our history as one of the safest companies to work for by equipping our craft with the best tooling and safety programs available.
We are an innovative team that prides itself on excellence through continuous improvement and an unwavering commitment to deliver for our clients. Our staff collaborates with Kiewit’s vast internal network of resources that span heavy civil and infrastructure, vertical and commercial buildings, mining, as well our oil and gas and power generation markets, to drive safe and cost-effective solutions that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
• Supervise the crew(s) and craft workers in the application of industrial coatings/fireproofing on-site.
• Managing the performance of productivity, safety, quality and schedule adherence.
• Utilize equipment, material, and labor in order to maximize production and minimize costs in the area of assigned responsibility.
• Coordinate and interface effectively with other craft superintendents and subcontractors, as well as Kiewit staff personnel and leadership to ensure smooth workflow and schedule adherence.
• Resolve employee conflicts, grievances, and scheduling difficulties, informing project and corporate management as appropriate.
• Assist in schedule planning, determining craft labor levels, material quantities, equipment requirements, etc.
• Ensure project rules, procedures and programs are followed consistently, including those involving safety, attendance, and workplace behavior standards as reflected in Company’s non-harassment and nondiscrimination policies
• Perform additional ad hoc assignments per supervisor’s direction.
• 10+ years’ experience in the construction industry, with at least 7 years in a supervisory role
• Advanced knowledge of various construction disciplines, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, engineering drawings and other documents
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently supervise and evaluate craft performance.
Disciplines Needed: Transmission, Substation and Distribution Construction & Maintenance
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.