ThermoFisher Scientific Engineer III, Robotics Engineer - Lenexa, KS in Lenexa, Kansas
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do meaningful work and join a team that values performance, quality, and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization, you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $40 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and chances to create significant contributions to the world.
Lenexa, KS (Kansas City Metro) / Microbiology Division
How will you make an impact?
We are looking for a robotics engineer to join our team and help us improve our production processes and systems. You will be responsible for designing and building the hardware and software for robots. This includes the design of mechanical, electrical, and control systems. You will also collaborate with other engineers, contractors, suppliers, and staff to ensure our manufacturing procedures follow safety and environmental standards.
To be successful as a robotics engineer, you should have experience in, project management, and problem-solving skills. You should be able to work independently and as part of a team and communicate effectively with various stakeholders.
What you will do:
· Lead the automation set up for robotic cells and programming
· Provide technical support for robotic systems
· Integrate robotics/automation to improve productivity on current work cells.
· Suggest design improvements based on recent technical knowledge.
· Involved in all aspects of automation installation, maintenance, and execution.
· Support facility management and maintenance
· Plan and manage manufacturing projects from conception to completion
· Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and identify areas for automation
· Lead Continuous Improvement initiatives and support all PPI, Keys and Lean projects
· Develop and implement new or improved manufacturing methods and systems that increase efficiency, quality, and productivity
· Design and install new equipment, machines, tools, and fixtures
· Troubleshoot and resolve issues and delays in production
· Participate on project teams as a technical representative for Manufacturing Engineering.
· Maintain accurate records and training file in accordance with Division standards.
· Ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations
How will you get there?
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in an Engineering field, preferred
May consider experience in lieu of degree
· 5+ years of experience, preferred, as a manufacturing robotic engineer or similar role
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· Solidworks and Autocad experience
· Employee is skilled in PC usage and associated software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Proven testing and troubleshooting skills are required.
· Ability to connect with internal groups of different subject areas as well as external groups.
· The ability to read and interpret functional and technical specifications document
We offer a competitive salary, an annual incentive bonus plan, 401K with a company match up to 6%, tuition reimbursement, and a range of other employee benefits! Review our company’s Total Rewards (https://jobs.thermofisher.com/global/en/total-rewards)
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.