Kiewit Corporation Electrical Engineer- Kiewit Industrial Engineering in Lenexa, Kansas
Requisition ID: 125588
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you the satisfaction of a job well done, but will help propel you forward in your career faster than you may expect. We’ll train you, develop your skills and allow you to take on power projects that will impact millions across North America.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Industrial Design Group, which includes process, electrical, controls, structural, architectural, geotechnical, and civil disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on EPC and design-build delivery of industrial projects in markets such as Food & Beverage, Consumer Products, Heavy Manufacturing, Industrial Buildings Industrial Water and Utilities. We have specialized expertise in plant floor process design, packaging, refrigerated/frozen facility design, and ammonia refrigeration systems.
This position is based out of Lenexa, KS.
• Evaluate, select, and apply engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to design medium to large industrial projects.
• Formulate technical specifications and prepare interface points with construction partners. Schedule, review, and coordinate design efforts with other project personnel, performing bid evaluations of equipment and construction proposals and developing recommendations for contract award.
• Prepare electrical engineering designs, including layout, design schematics, calculations and conceptual designs; utilizing standard methods and project principles.
• Mentor and guide junior engineers, maintaining a comprehensive understanding of departmental design standards, applicable engineering codes, and Kiewit guidelines, providing suggestions and recommendations as needed.
• Work independently on small projects, or as a part of a large multi-discipline team on larger projects, including working with both in-house inter-discipline engineers and construction partners to provide our Clients the industry’s best of both engineering and physical design.
• Experience with Food & Beverage work, area classification and sanitary design preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited four-year college or university and EIT license
• At least 3 years’ experience performing Industrial or Food & Beverage engineering related duties
• Familiar with basic computer operation, and should have had at least introductory computer programming courses as well as the ability to use electrical department design software tools
• Experience in field construction or startup and previous experience directing junior engineers is desirable
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Travel in the U.S. and internationally (5-15%).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.