Kiewit Electrical Designer- Kiewit Industrial & Water Engineering 1 in Lenexa, Kansas
Requisition ID: 171302
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Industrial & Water Engineering
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Industrial & Water Engineering (KIWE) is looking for an Electrical Designer. This role is located in Lenexa, KS, with the opportunity for flexible work. We are an innovative team of engineers and designers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s module fabrication and construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service engineering consulting and design firm serving a broad range of the industrial markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,700 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the industrial, transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Our operations-focused engineering provides our clients with safe and efficient facilities, and it integrates our 130 years of construction experience to finish projects on time and to make sure that Nobody Gets Hurt.
Our rapidly growing Industrial Engineering team, which includes process, mechanical, electrical, controls, structural, architectural, geotechnical, and civil disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on EPC and design-build delivery of industrial projects in markets such as Food & Beverage, Mineral Processing, Renewable Fuels, Pulp and Paper, Steel & Aluminum, Industrial Buildings, and Industrial Energy, Water and Utilities.
This position is based out of Lenexa, KS. Opportunities for flexible work are available.
• Comprehends and identifies issues and analyzes the situation to propose solutions.
• Seeks out assistance for complex issues.
• Acts as a field resource to assist construction in field resolution on issues.
• Little to no supervision required to apply standard correctly to design.
• Initiates development of personal objectives aligned with those of the organization.
• Seeks feedback and uses it effectively.
• Questions accepted ways of doing things and actively seeks opportunities to try new ideas.
• Utilize codes and standards to complete assignments with little supervision.
• Identifies changes in the scope of work during a small project and produces design changes as needed to stay within budget and schedule.
• Takes initiative to meet or exceed the quality and expected outcome requirements of internal and external customers.
• Performs assigned work efficiently and effectively to maximize person productivity.
• Complies with company standards to produce quality deliverables.
• Design and draft intermediate electrical drawings.
• Properly size cables and raceways.
• Perform layout of electrical equipment in electrical buildings.
• Associate degree in Electrical Technology or High School diploma + 2 years’ experience as a minimum.
• At least 4 years' minimum relevant experience.
• Receives little to no instruction on routine work and detailed instruction on new assignment from more experienced engineer. Receives guidance on high risk or advanced conditions.
• Can provides guidance to less experienced engineers.
• Adjusts to varying demands of work and performs well.
• Develops and presents work in well-constructed written and verbal presentations. Clearly conveys messages and ideas, gains understanding.
• Works collaboratively across departments and involves others in solving problems. Initiates meetings within own team, other disciplines or internal customers for clarity on work.
• Supports project teams and departments in a positive and productive manner. Works well with other to accomplish common goals and objectives.
• Serves as point of contact for external or internal customers.
• Follows through on commitments made to internal and external customers.
• Able to manage multiple responsibilities with set expectations and meet deadlines.
• Able to specify actions to take when standards or contract requirements are not met.
• Intermediate AutoCAD skills.
Regular, reliable attendance
Work productively and meet deadlines timely
Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.